need help with order and rebates

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

profitoral

Original poster
Oct 20, 2008
Hi,

I just ordered Directv and I wanted to confirm with the people in this forum a couple of things since I wasn't very happy on how the sales rep put everything together.

I called the 866 number to get an American Express $200 gift card:
The DIRECTV American Express Connection Center
They said it will take between 6-8 weeks after installation, we'll see.

Then I tried to add a referral but they told me I wasn't able to combine it with the AMEX offer. I asked if I could add it to the AAA offer instead and they told me I could not either. I heard that people could add the referral before, so if somebody could confirm it or advise on what to do.

I asked for the package MAS ULTRA DEPORTES with HD access and 2 HD DVRs.
The sales rep told me I would get additional rebates to the ones online, basically I would additionally get one year free of the HD access + dvr fee ($10 + $7) so I would pay around 40 something the first year and 70 something the second year.

Finally I asked for the AM21 and she told me that the installer would bring everything needed to get my locals the same way I got them in my current Dish hd-dvr (I told her I get my locals OTA currently and I wanted it the same way). She didn't know about the AM21 and told me I didn't need to order anything additionally.

This is how the order looks in my directv account now, I don't see the HD access or the dvr fee so I wonder if she didn't even add it. I did not order the MRV and it looks like she added it:

Satellite Dish(es) Free
Starz Super Pack and SHOWTIME UNLIMITED Credit Free
2010 Q1 Natl $24 StarzSHO3Mos Free
2nd HD Instant Rebate Free
Additional $10 off for 12 Months
(Requires mail-in Redemption) Free
$99 Off Advance Receiver Free
STARZ!, SHOW $24.00
MAS ULTRA DEPORTES $62.99
HD DVR Receiver $199.00
HD DVR Receiver $199.00
MRV Install Free
2nd HD Instant Rebate ($100.00)
Rebate – Redemption Required Free
Hardware Instant Rebate for HD DVR ($199.00)
Early Cancellation Fee Condition Free
Additional Receiver Fee Free
Delivery and Handling Fee $19.95
Professional Installation Free
Tax $11.00
Order Total $129.95

In the rebates section of my account I only see these two rebates that I can submit but they look the same but with the $5 extra for submitting it online:

DIRECTV National Offer, Offer #361-91

• $18 Monthly Bill Credit for 12 Months
    $14 Monthly Bill Credit for Months 13 - 24
  • $23 Monthly Bill Credit for 12 Months
    $14 Monthly Bill Credit for Months 13 - 24
(Your rebate includes a $18 monthly bill credit plus an additional $5 monthly bill credit for 12 months, for agreeing to receive emails )
So, was I tricked? I'm thinking of cancelling my order and start all over again.

Thanks for your advice.
= P =

Hi,

I called Directv today in order to verify that I got what I wanted,

- I asked them if it was possible to add a referral and they told me again that the $200 Amex gift card cannot be combined with a referral, I would have to choose.

- I asked them if HD Access + DVR fee was included and they told me that it was included in the MAS ULTRA DEPORTES package at $62.99 as you can see in my order in my previous post. I mentioned that it seems weird that they do not show as separate items and the rep told me that it was all included (because I ordered two HD-DVRs) and I would be able to submit the rebate ($18 + $5 = $23 first year) so the total I would pay would be $44.99 including HD access and DVR service). I am not totally convinced of this fact and I would like to hear the opinion of somebody in the forum. I don't want to have the surprise later on in my first bill that they charged me an additional $10 + $7.

If I go and check online and add it to the cart, it shows $62.99 as the price of package and then it also shows HD access $10 and DVR service $7. The rebates are shown as well ($23 first year), so the monthly payment would be $56.99, not the $44.99 that the rep told me.

- Finally, I told them again about the AM21 and the rep told me that she could not add it to the order because they offer the locals in my area (SF Bay Area).

Thanks in advance.
= P =

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)