Need help with satelite services!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

blake9827

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 7, 2005
Hey!
I just bought a new TV and unhappy with my current reception because our apartment building has 1 satelite for the entire building I am thinking about just getting my own satelite and HD reveiver since the current one can not get HD.

My questions are: I would like to get a HD DVR receiver through D* since that is the service I have no (sbc charges me for directv services so i am not an "existing customer" because i have to go through sbc). I live in the LA area and can not get the OTA HD channels due to the hilly area I live in so I would have to get it through the satelite and I heard D* is doing that in LA on Dec. 8th? I just dont want to spend $400 or $500 on this stuff to have it outdated and in need of replacement in 5 or 6 months. Also, do I need to get the new 5lbn dish to receive the local HD channels? I am so confused about this its insane! Basicly all I want is good picture quality with a good amount of HD channels and local HD channels and i would like to have the HD DVR but if its going to be outdated in the coming months I can survive with just an HD receiver. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Thanks guys,
Blake

ok i just called them and they have no record of me at all in their system after i explained to them all the SBC crap. but i decided not to do the DVR system and just do the H20 receiver. The gentleman also said that the promotions are better for new customers than current ones anyways which sounded weird. I also asked him if i needed the new 5 lnb dish for local hd and he said no but i read on here that you do so i do not know who is right? if anyone has AOL or AIM and would like to help me out my screenname is Blake9827 maybe that will be easier since I am an idiot when it comes to this.. thanks for the info!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)