Need help with service

warrenrx

Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
I made a big big mistake. To make this thread short here goes. I had service with Dish about a month ago. Got angry (shouldn't have) and canceled service. My 722 and 211 were from a local retailer. I made a mistake. Did pay my cancellation fee. Called back today trying to get service and customer service tells me I have to wait 6 months to return back to them now. I dont understand. I have cancelled with cellular and other companies before and was always able to come back as long as fines were paid. They are coming out better. I am even willing to pay to have the installer come back and re-install the equipment. He wont even have to replant a pole for the two dishes. I had a DISH 500 at the 110 and 119 orbital and another single LNB dish pointed at 61.5 orbital. I cant receive signal from my home at the 129 location. I also cant get great service from Direct either. Dish was my best alternative to VOOM (they were solely on the 61.5 orbital also). This position is a perfect line of site for me and man oh man did I make a mistake. I didnt check Directv before I cancelled Dish. I just jumped on the 5 extra HD channels without thinking. Can someone give me some advise or does someone know someone who can pull some strings to get me back with Dish before August. I cant go without TV this long. I have a perfect credit record and my wife is a stay at home mom. She loves Soapnet and (DVR). Most of the time she is with our son and relies on recording programs and watching them with me after our child goes to bed at night. This is not you usual question I know but does anyone know of a loop hole of how I can get service back established with DISH. I have next week off and plenty of time. I am willing to pay for the install , and take no promos now either. No free HD for 6 months like I had a month ago. Just want service back. The retailer has picked up my boxes and LNBs and all fees are paid. I am starting all over again. So someone throw some ideas at me ,,,,,only want to do things proper and right and pay for service thru Dish. Going thru bundled service companys wont work either, thought about that. Though someone may know someone on the inside or perhaps a person who works for Dish may read this and hook me up.

Since you canceled the contract so soon dish probually lost money on you. They have to pay for the install and such. I dont know the exact details of how it works but your best bet would be to sign up under your wifes name or a different address. Im sure others can chime in on this.

Have you talked to your retailer? He might be able to help, but you're probably going to have to pay cash up front as its doubtful he'll want to take another risk on you.