NEED Help with using Senar II with DishNet to get OTA HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryounglaw

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Feb 9, 2005
I am a VOOM convert. I need some help using my Winegard Sensar II (VOOM OTA) with the DishNet hookup. My set up:

I have the Super Dish with ONE 811 Receiver. The Dish had the three cables coming from it to the multi-switch (Dish Network DP-34 Switch) Link to multi switch

http://www.merchantamerica.com/utahsatellite/index.php?ba=product_enlarge&product=13943 .

The Multi then takes the signal to my house/TV. What I was planning on doing is taking a diplexer and putting on the out side of the Multi and then putting another diplexer before the TV. I cannot put the diplexer before the multi because there are three cables coming form the dish. Does anyone know if this will work? Does anyone have any experience with this set up? Also, if anyone knows – will I have to amp the Sensar II and in that case is it easier to just run another cable from the OTA directly into an amp then the receiver.

Thanks

Ryan

Are you trying to split the OTA signal to multiple TV's? If not run a line from the antenna to the back of the 811 using no diplexors.

My setup, I don't know if it will help, but worth a try. If just one receiver run a single line like Kevin said.

Attachments

• Winegard.jpg
    Winegard.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 225
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)