Need help with....well not really sure.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

priester68

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2008
Natchez, MS
I recently bought a new Vizio from wally world. 1080p 46" 120hz. My problem is that sometimes the remote to the 722k decides to quit working. Thought it was the remote but noticed, when I cut the tv off it starts working fine again for a few minutes up to a few hours. After that it dies again. Cut the tv off and back on and its working. Makes no sense to me. Any thoughts or advice about what I should do? Thanks.

Probably IR interference from the Vizio. Which remote are you using, and where is the receiver relative to the TV?

Probably IR interference from the Vizio. Which remote are you using, and where is the receiver relative to the TV?

I agree, probably IR interference being caused by the TV. Typically, the remote will not work for the first 15 minutes or so, then works fine after that (until next time it's turned on). When the bulb in the TV is warming up, it emits interference blocking IR remote signals.

Simple fix: Get a 21.0 and program it as UHF (I can get one sent to you if needed).

In the vizio settings look for something along the lines of ambient light sensor or the sort and turn it off. This is a common issue in the field with the new TVs

The remote says 20.0 IR with a 1 on the bottom of the front. The TV sits on a table and the receiver is on the first shelf under the tv.

I recently bought a new Vizio from wally world. 1080p 46" 120hz. My problem is that sometimes the remote to the 722k decides to quit working. Thought it was the remote but noticed, when I cut the tv off it starts working fine again for a few minutes up to a few hours. After that it dies again. Cut the tv off and back on and its working. Makes no sense to me. Any thoughts or advice about what I should do? Thanks.

I'm confused. Back in September you posted the same question:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-technical-discussions/227995-serious-problem-722k.html

"Hi. I recently bought a new Vizio tv. I came home, hooked it up with a HDMI cable cut it on and all of a sudden my remote died. I called Dish tech support and they walked me through some steps and nothing worked. We even swapped remotes with other boxes and everything worked except on the 722k with the new Vizio. My daughters bedroom (secondary address) works fine, but not the primary. 3 hours before all this everything was working perfectly. I keep feeling like It's not the receiver but Dish Tech Support is sending me a replacement anyway. It acts like the receiver is not accepting any signals from the remote.

Does anyone have a fix or any suggestions for me to try. Please help. I hate to lose all my timers and really hate having to push buttons on the unit to change channels. Thanks."

In that thread you were given the same answer you are seeing here... and, in fact, you said that you had phoned Dish up to make them aware of the solution.

Why are you posting the same question here when it has already been answered. :confused:

I'm sorry for the re-post guys. The problem started happening again and I didn't think I could dig up the old post so I just asked for help again. MattG is helping me out on this and I will make sure I don't re-post any more. Again I apologize .

Last edited:
I'm sorry for the re-post guys. The problem started happening again and I didn't think I could dig up the old post so I just asked for help again. MattG is helping me out on this and I will make sure I don't re-post any more. Again I apologize .
Glad you're getting help from Dish. Had you simply done a search on your problem here at Satelliteguys you would have seen your original post from last year - with the solution.

Glad you're getting help from Dish. Had you simply done a search on your problem here at Satelliteguys you would have seen your original post from last year - with the solution.

Thanks. I really love this site and value the info I get from it. I'll do more research on my future problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)