Need Help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

solercomputers

Original poster
Mar 17, 2009
NJ
I have 3 Sonicview SV-360 Elite & 2 Digiwav Ku twin LNBF Circular/Linear Polarization so far. I wanna pick up Satmex 5 116.8 west,Intelsat IR 45.0 west & satmex 6 113.0 west. 116.8 & 45.0 are from the Dominican Republic & 113.0 is from Mexico. I wanna buy a satllite dish & a few C/KU LNBF Wanted to know what size dish do I need, how many C/KU LNBF do I need, what type of DiSEqC switch do I need & how many C/KU LNBF can I put on a dish. Thank You

Don't understand your question. Do you want to know how many dishes you would need, for fixed-dish setups for your 3 receivers? Or are you asking how to receive those 3 satellites and have all 3 of your boxes share the signals? There should be a 'wiring way' to make all three rec work off one motorized dish.

Before you spend any more money you need to check which spotbeams the channels you want are in a spotbeam where you are.

=====
If the channel you want are on Ku-band:

Your LNBF's are probably not going to work reliably
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...digiwave-dgl1189s-lnb-linear-circ-review.html
check the pictures and you'll see that the LNB you have performed poorly

Also all of your choices are really weak for northern states (I assume your location is New Jersey) and for dishes you'll need 4 footers (which will cost a pretty penny on shipping) for what little is on 113W and 116.8W on the Ku-band.

=====
If what your wanting is on C-band:

"Bad": You'll need a motorized 6-footer (or multiple stationary dishes) or larger

Good: 113W and 116.8W are high power c-band satellites and are easy to get what channels are available up in the North American spotbeams. I haven't seen 45W so I have no idea.
=====

I'm partial to fixed dishes especially with dual-tuner/recorders units that you have.
3x cband dishes (6-foot, preferably 8 footers)
3x dual output C-band LNB (or bandstacked)
and someswitches and multiswitches but that's the harder part figuring out the cheapest method.

turbosat what I mean is what size C/KU dish, & What type of LNBF would I need to pick up these sat. Thank you & to meinename Thanks alot for you help

I think meinename there pretty well answered that one for ya! Thks
Of course you will need linear lnbfs unless those satellites have circular polarized channels, and I don't think they do. You can check on lyngsat.com and look up the freq formats on those sats.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)