need help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gost

Original poster
Sep 21, 2010
Merrillan
Hey every one i am new here and i have a Digiwave 7200 i have everything i need for it the dish is set up and i have the box hooked up to the dish i also have the null cable for it hooked it up to my desktop computer and opend ft link but it wont show that my 7200 is connected so i got an adapter for my null cable to usb and still nothing can someone tell me what i am doing wrong.

software i have used

channel master

world of satellites

ftlink

if you need more info let me know and i can get it for you thanks

well with the digiwave 7200 when you get it brand new you have to use a null modem cable to upload a channel list to and i have used 4 computers and it wont do nothing.

Is the dish aligned? If so, can you do a blind scan? Which satellite are you wanting to view?
Bob

well i am getting 74 that all i seem to get and i would like to get 119 110 one of the two
I think you misunderstand Free to Air. It sounds like you are trying to receive subscription channels. If that is what you are trying to to - it will get you banned from this forum.

Having said that, the programing that is available can be seen in the "List" tab at the top of the page, or here:
FTAList.com - The easy list of North American free-to-air TV channels

You will need a linear LNB with a 90 cm dish (most dish network/direct TV are to small and use circular LNBs) to go with your receiver to get Free To Air channels.
Welcome to Satellite Guys:)
Bob

no i am not trying to pick up subscription channels i am set up for ku band and that all i want to pick up but the way i understood from a friend is that if i want to pick up ku band channels i have to point the dish at a sat and load a channel list witch is why i got my hands on the null modem cable but if it helps i am new to fta and really want to learn about it.

ok so the dish network super dish is 36"

the lnb all in info i got off it

universal ku-band twin LNBF

model- GKF-2102

Input- 10.70 - 12.75GHz

L.O.- 9.75/10.60GHz

Noise- 0.6dB

Gain- 60dB

ok so the dish network super dish is 36"

the lnb all in info i got off it

universal ku-band twin LNBF

model- GKF-2102

Input- 10.70 - 12.75GHz

L.O.- 9.75/10.60GHz

Noise- 0.6dB

Gain- 60dB
So make sure your receiver is set up for "Universal" type LNB. then choose the satellite you want and the TP (transponder) use this thread:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/85225-i-need-strong-transponder-aim-my.html
to choose or enter the strongest TP. Align your dish to that TP for highest signal Quality not signal strength. Once aligned - do a blind scan to pickup all of the remaining TPs.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)