Need Help...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jimmy J

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 12, 2004
Wallingford, VT.
Hey guys,

I live in Wallingford, Vermont. Zip 05773. I'd like to recieve any OTA HDTV signals that are available, but here's my dilema. I went to antennaweb.org
typed in all my info and came up with my needing a (violet) large directional ant. w/pre-amp. But, none of the stations listed are broadcasting an OTA HD signal.

Does that mean there are no OTA HD signals that I could get? Any help, suggestions, recommendations, as what I would need in order to recieve any OTA's would be great. I'd be feeding the signal into my dishnet 811.

I could point the new antennae in just about any direction except for NE, EAST, SE.

Thanx.

Do you know if any of your local's are broacsting in digital or HD? Antennaweb likes to be very conservative in it predictions.
There may not be any digital stations yet in your area..It costs lots of cash for the equipment and you seem to be in a small market.

Kevinw said:
Do you know if any of your local's are broacsting in digital or HD? Antennaweb likes to be very conservative in it predictions.
There may not be any digital stations yet in your area..It costs lots of cash for the equipment and you seem to be in a small market.

There's only 1 station WCAX out of Burlington that recently started broadcasting in HD, but their HD signal is only available in our area thru Adelphia. I called them a while back and they stated that they are not yet providing an OTA signal in HD.

Can I get anything OTA in HD? Out of area perhaps?

This sux!!! What about the recent legislation...SHIVRA or something like that.

It's really not that complicated. If it's deemed that you live in a digital white area, and cannot recieve anything via OTA antennae, then your sat or cable provider should then be able to provide you those services!!!

Jimmy J said:
There's only 1 station WCAX out of Burlington that recently started broadcasting in HD, but their HD signal is only available in our area thru Adelphia. I called them a while back and they stated that they are not yet providing an OTA signal in HD.

Can I get anything OTA in HD? Out of area perhaps?

This sux!!! What about the recent legislation...SHIVRA or something like that.

It's really not that complicated. If it's deemed that you live in a digital white area, and cannot recieve anything via OTA antennae, then your sat or cable provider should then be able to provide you those services!!!
If you get any kind of analog signal then no waivers from anyone...Digital does not count..

Kevinw said:
How far from Albany are you?

Just checked my GPS...

68.8 to Albany, NY in a straight line according to my GPS.
70.3 to Burlington Vt.

Just got an email resonse from the GM of our local FOX 44 affiliate in burlington. I asked them when they'd be providing an HD feed of any kind, OTA, SAT, or Cable. He said they're working on getting a HD feed thru "ADELPHIA." And, an OTA signal within 18-24 months!!! :eek:

WTF!!! Are there any OTA HD signals in Albany, NY I could try getting?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts