need help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
i was hoping to find someone close to me to see if they could come help get my ku band tweaked up to receive the entire arc.

The issue iam having is that my mount on my dish is about a 1/4 inch bigger then my pole. Iam able to receive satellites 87w to 117w. If i make the adjustment to get 125w and 127w it throws the other end of the arc off. Any suggestions on how to even the mount up. Attached are some photos. Thanks in advance.
ku1.jpg ku2.jpg

First question: Is the mount fitted exactly plumb, east/west-wise, on the pole?
(North/south is not really important; that can be adjusted with axis elevation.)

Second question: Is the highest point of you setup aimed at exactly south?

greetz,
A33

Reactions: raydio
The issue iam having is that my mount on my dish is about a 1/4 inch bigger then my pole. Iam able to receive satellites 87w to 117w. If i make the adjustment to get 125w and 127w it throws the other end of the arc off. Any suggestions on how to even the mount up. Attached are some photos. Thanks in advance.
You need to figure out a way to make the pole match the ID of the mount. With it like that it will constantly wobble as you go one extreme to the other and you will never get it to track perfect.
That will be a continual battle. Go around and talk to some welding places and muffler shops and see if they can help find a match. I had one of those $69 dishes like you have there for awhile. I never could locate a proper pole. It rusted apart in less than a year so that solved looking for a odd sized pole. :D
If that is one of those cheap 6 foot dishes, I suggest you get some rustolem spray and hit it fast!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)