Need Help

wayne231

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Memphis, TN
Can anyone help me. About a month or 6 weeks ago I lost the OTA of the local Fox station. All of the other stations still come in great. Only the Fox station is affected. It pixelates badly then looses signal on a constant basis. However, the signal strength remains at between 86 and 90. I am totally at my wits end trying antenna's and locations and everything else under the sun. Even had dish send me a new 622 but it had the same problem. It is also the same on the 942. The local Fox station is a owned and operated station of New's Corp.
Thanks,

I had an issue similiar to this on one of my local OTA channels. It would pixelate and break up both through my 622 and through my tuner on my TV. However, I was still getting a strong signal of around 80 to 85. So, I contacted the chief engineer at the station, and he reviewed the logs and saw all kinds of errors. Apparently something was changed at the main broadcast center, and my local affiliate didn't hear about it so they didn't make the change. After the email he got everything straightened out. That might be worth a shot.

All of the above has been tried with no success. The engineer at the Fox station told me to switch to Directv if I wanted the signal.

The Fox rep should be fired for being so stupid. Check your cables. A sharp bend or old f-f union can cause this situation. Voltage breaks some of the old unions down over time.

The Fox rep should be fired for being so stupid. Check your cables. A sharp bend or old f-f union can cause this situation. Voltage breaks some of the old unions down over time.

brand new cables every time a new antenna was tried (6). I live 3.5 miles from the tower. Even tried the silver sensor antenna, same problem.

The stations transmission is probably out of spec and they don't want to take the time to troubleshoot it.

Are there any other 622 users on the area with the same problem?

Have you checked the Memphis forum on AVSForum?

Thanks for the help guys. Am working with the station and with Dish engineers to try and figure out the problem. Did not know about the avsforum. Will go there now. Again, Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)