Need info on BEST deal for HD service & HD DVR. Just spoke to D*

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mdbrad

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 6, 2006
I just spoke to DirecTV about new service for my moms house (she's been receiving HD through her cable service for years).

Cost is a big issue for my mom. All she wants standard SD & HD programming (no ppv channels) and an HD DVR. She lives in Orange County, California.

D* quoted me $199.00 for the HD DVR and $59.99 a month for 12 months (after 12 months is goes up to $69.99 per month).

Does it get better than this? Please advise. Thanks!

Other than dropping her programming package down to choice from choice extra no not really, do you have dtv yourself? If so she can call 1-888-gift-to-you and give them your account no and get 10 more bucks off for five months.

I just spoke to DirecTV about new service for my moms house (she's been receiving HD through her cable service for years).

Cost is a big issue for my mom. All she wants standard SD & HD programming (no ppv channels) and an HD DVR. She lives in Orange County, California.

D* quoted me $199.00 for the HD DVR and $59.99 a month for 12 months (after 12 months is goes up to $69.99 per month).

Does it get better than this? Please advise. Thanks!

Depends on the channels she wants. That cost is for the Plus HD DVR package, which has 185+ channels. She could go as low as the Family package which is $29.99 plus $9.99 for HD and $5.99 for DVR, but she'd get a very small number of channels and only a few HD channels...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hr20 - heat venting

Direct TV's Airship in Hartford, CT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)