Need info on what dish I will need

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Harold

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 9, 2005
Southeast KY
I am thinking of making the move to D* HD, I have E* HD now.
I will want a HD DVR (HR-20-700 ?) and 3 sd boxes. I live in SE KY my zip is 40965. My locals will come out of Knoxville, TN (HD). Will I need just one dish? Any other info would be great. Thanks m8s.

I am thinking of making the move to D* HD, I have E* HD now.
I will want a HD DVR (HR-20-700 ?) and 3 sd boxes. I live in SE KY my zip is 40965. My locals will come out of Knoxville, TN (HD). Will I need just one dish? Any other info would be great. Thanks m8s.
You only need one dish (5-lnb Slimline). Since you will have more than 4 connections (3 for SD boxes/2 for HD-DVR), you will also need a Zinwell WB68 multiswitch. Make sure you have good signal strength readings on 101 (main SD channels), 103c (new HD channels) and 103s (Knoxville HD locals).

:)

Thank you. Thats what I needed to know. I have never had D* so I was unsure. I will be using a local retailer, anything to watch out for? Is there a sd box I don't want?

The SD box will probably be either a D11 or D12. The D16 is newer, but the main difference is that it is black instead of silver. It is also compatible with the single-wire multiswitch, but these are not yet widely available. HR20s are hard to find--you may end up with a HR21 (also black instead of silver). It lacks an OTA tuner, but there is an external tuner (AM21) which should be available next month.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts