Need info on what dish I will need

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Harold

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 9, 2005
Southeast KY
I am thinking of making the move to D* HD, I have E* HD now.
I will want a HD DVR (HR-20-700 ?) and 3 sd boxes. I live in SE KY my zip is 40965. My locals will come out of Knoxville, TN (HD). Will I need just one dish? Any other info would be great. Thanks m8s.

I am thinking of making the move to D* HD, I have E* HD now.
I will want a HD DVR (HR-20-700 ?) and 3 sd boxes. I live in SE KY my zip is 40965. My locals will come out of Knoxville, TN (HD). Will I need just one dish? Any other info would be great. Thanks m8s.
You only need one dish (5-lnb Slimline). Since you will have more than 4 connections (3 for SD boxes/2 for HD-DVR), you will also need a Zinwell WB68 multiswitch. Make sure you have good signal strength readings on 101 (main SD channels), 103c (new HD channels) and 103s (Knoxville HD locals).

:)

Thank you. Thats what I needed to know. I have never had D* so I was unsure. I will be using a local retailer, anything to watch out for? Is there a sd box I don't want?

The SD box will probably be either a D11 or D12. The D16 is newer, but the main difference is that it is black instead of silver. It is also compatible with the single-wire multiswitch, but these are not yet widely available. HR20s are hard to find--you may end up with a HR21 (also black instead of silver). It lacks an OTA tuner, but there is an external tuner (AM21) which should be available next month.

Status
Please reply by conversation.