Need info to upgrade to HD antenna

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Slava Berenshteyn

Original poster
Apr 17, 2012
Hallandale
My current setup is DTV36EDS WorldDirect satellite antenna for directv and International programming with 6x8 Zinwell switch. I'd like to upgrade to HD programming. I need to know which antenna I need in addition to the HD receiver? Can I reuse my currently installed DTV36EDS and my Multiswitch?

You will need a Slimline AU9-SL3 dish with a SL3 LNB, if you want to keep the international programming from 95W, you will need to keep your World Direct dish and run a cable from it to your multi switch, you will just use the cable that is hooked up to the linear LNB that is on the right hand side (I believe) if you are facing the dish. You can use any HR reciever if you want a HD-DVR with the exception of the HR34 (it is SWM only, unelss you want to upgrade to a SWM mulitiswitch) and any H series HD receiver, except for the H25, which again is SWM only. If you do not do SWM you will need to use B-Band converters with all of the receivers/dvrs (that are HD) except if you get a HR23 or H23. Probably the cheapest route for you to go is to call DirecTV and see about an upgrade. You are looking at about $100 for the dish and about $100 for a HD receiver or $200 for a HD DVR (that is the lease price, you would be under a 2 year commitment).

Thank you for your reply. So I need to get AU9-SL3 dish with a SL3 LNB, connect it to my existing 6x8 Zinwell switch along with 95W LNB, then I will need B-Band converter and H24 HD receiver to watch HD? Also, will this setup work for my other D10 DTV receivers?

Slava Berenshteyn said:
Thank you for your reply. So I need to get AU9-SL3 dish with a SL3 LNB, connect it to my existing 6x8 Zinwell switch along with 95W LNB, then I will need B-Band converter and H24 HD receiver to watch HD? Also, will this setup work for my other D10 DTV receivers?

Yes, your D10's will work just fine with this setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts