Need info

Status
Please reply by conversation.

billinmidmich

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 21, 2004
Hi......Been awhile since I have been here. Maybe someone can move this to proper place....I can't figure it out. What I'd like to ask is....A few years ago I installed a 30" dish with an Invacom LNB for my Dish Service to try and defeat rain fade. It helped but didn't eliminate it, I guess only the Big Ugly Dish can do that. Anyway.....I am thinking of switching to Directv. Can I just purchase the reciever and use my set up. Also what is a good reciever....I want HD and don't care about DVR. I'm thinking of just calling Directv for just the programming. Don't need any installers here or anyone else. Can do this stuff better myself. Been with it since 82. Thanks for replys. Bill

I see quite a few different ones on Ebay. Some are even new. What I need to know is if the LNB can work for it. Thanks

Most cases they will give you a HR version and not activate the Record functions, this way they can cut down on models needed as well as be able to turn on the DVR portion if you change your mind down the road with out needing to send a truck out.

Most cases they will give you a HR version and not activate the Record functions, this way they can cut down on models needed as well as be able to turn on the DVR portion if you change your mind down the road with out needing to send a truck out.

No we tend not to give HR versions... as it drives out billing program nuts if he had a HR and no dvr service.

I know we do it sometimes, but again it is not the general rule do to the our billing systems. As often adding or changing programing becomes an issue when dealing with those situations. We often to to go through and manually fix an account after changing programing since the system will put dvr service on any account that has a HR series box.

Again I say we tend not to, not that we dont.

Stonecold....are you a Dish rep? I want to just purchase a VIP222K. Then call dish to get authorized and the programming. Can I get any deals being a previous customer?

Sorry Stonecold....I see you are a Directv person. I'm sorry If I seem confusing. I currently have no Sat service. I HAD Dish but dropped them about a year ago becuase of some financial diffaculties. Wanted to try Directv but from what you all are saying.....the Invacom will not work. So I guess it's back to Dish. I now see they have a reciever with 2 tuners one HD and 1 SD....the VIP222K. Not at all interested in DVR. Thanks for all replys....Bill

Bill,

You could do what you plan. Know that any equipment you acquire will be considered leased from Directv. They control the Access Cards and sell the programming while leasing the equipment.

The dish you need is one of the several Ka/Ku that is tuned to one or more of five satellite launch positions. This is in the process of changing as we speak. Exact use of the satellites varies around the country.

I think you would be ahead of the game to just find a local retailer and place an order. State your installation preferences and plan on making adjustments.

Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)