Need Information on Hoppers

railroaddonna

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 1, 2012
Platte County MO
I have a friend that asked me how they could set up 8 HD TVs on a hopper system. I know that Dish supposedly only supports 6 devices. The 6 tuners is OK with them as there aren't that many persons in the household but they just want the option to watch in HD on all 8 TVs. Can anyone tell me how they could do this?
Donna in KC

Your only option is hdmi splitters and mirror the hd signal.

Or a six tv set up with an independent 2 tv set up using some 44 switches. They will not, however, build a work order for that i believe.

Please note the Hoppa only has 3 tuners
If you turn on the Prime Time Anytime option that ties up one of the tuners to record the BIg 4 nets from 8-11 Eastern/Pacific 7-10 Central/Mountain

You do NOT have 6 tuners all the time.....also there is only one output on the Hoppa unless you get Junior at other TV's...then you tie up another tuner for each Junior (joey) you add

I should have made myself clearer. I am counting 6 tuners because they are getting a two hopper system. There are only 4 persons in the household.
Donna in KC

As jawxx said, you could do some level of mirroring with HDMI splitters to avoid having to get so many receivers. 2H/4J and then mirror two of the boxes to get to the extra TVs.

If money is not an issue... 3 Hoppers and 5 Joeys would get you 8 TVs. Cost would add up quite a bit since you would have to buy that third hopper and additional switches.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts