Need Information on Hoppers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

railroaddonna

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 1, 2012
Platte County MO
I have a friend that asked me how they could set up 8 HD TVs on a hopper system. I know that Dish supposedly only supports 6 devices. The 6 tuners is OK with them as there aren't that many persons in the household but they just want the option to watch in HD on all 8 TVs. Can anyone tell me how they could do this?
Donna in KC

Your only option is hdmi splitters and mirror the hd signal.

Or a six tv set up with an independent 2 tv set up using some 44 switches. They will not, however, build a work order for that i believe.

Please note the Hoppa only has 3 tuners
If you turn on the Prime Time Anytime option that ties up one of the tuners to record the BIg 4 nets from 8-11 Eastern/Pacific 7-10 Central/Mountain

You do NOT have 6 tuners all the time.....also there is only one output on the Hoppa unless you get Junior at other TV's...then you tie up another tuner for each Junior (joey) you add

I should have made myself clearer. I am counting 6 tuners because they are getting a two hopper system. There are only 4 persons in the household.
Donna in KC

As jawxx said, you could do some level of mirroring with HDMI splitters to avoid having to get so many receivers. 2H/4J and then mirror two of the boxes to get to the extra TVs.

If money is not an issue... 3 Hoppers and 5 Joeys would get you 8 TVs. Cost would add up quite a bit since you would have to buy that third hopper and additional switches.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)