Need install advise?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

alton987

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 14, 2004
I rewired my entire house 4 years ago with RG6 and Cat5e. I had Dish at the time on my roof. I had ran two runs directly from the dish to a interior closet in the home (Minuis the grounding block on the roof). Its my "Media Closet". All my Cable and Ethernet originate from there and are direct runs to the bedrooms.

1. I ordered the 5 tuner box + 2 HD Boxs, will 2 runs from the dish to closet be enough?

2. Will a installer have a issue with my closet setup? All the runs from the closet to the bedrooms are direct runs no spitters.

Thanks
Alton

That's seven tuners, they can just use a SWM LNB, which only needs one wire from dish into home.

As long as it is RG6 and no issues with it, the installer will most likely be thrilled to use your existing wiring. They will need a power inserter installed in that media closet (or by a receiver) to power that LNB.

^^ Pretty much says it all. I love when i go into a customers house and it is like that.

The only thing he might have to do is replace some connections, or barrels to make sure they are up to DTV code.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts