This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Need LNB Recommendation

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BubahJim

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 11, 2005
Bluefield, VA
Hi Guys,

I am new to c band. I have just got a 6 foot mesh in perfect condiction from a cousin of mine. I want to upgrade the lnb on the dish. Any advice or opinions on lnbs? What is the best for ku/c band lnb to use for a six foot dish? Thanks for the help as usual.

Bubahjim

6' is a bit small for C-band, so you will want some great lnb's like the Norsat 8115 for C-band and the 4106A for Ku-band, if you would like to get a 4dtv a 10' would be best to use, if size is a issue I would not go below 8.5'

If you need a feed for c/ku also, the corotor II plus is good.

Thanks for the advice.

Thankyou for the advice I wish it was a bit larger dish too. But ,I know the cousin who put it in and the one I am getting it from.so I know what I am getting. I will try to get a larger one later.

Bubahjim

Hell, any port in a storm I always say! If a 6 footer is all you have then it'll do fine! Bigger is always better, but work with what you have. A 1.2m is all I have for Ku and C-Band, and for what it is, it works just fine. Bluefield...know it well. Been to your local hospital several times to work on their hemotology analysers.

If I remember...

If I remember the lower temp (Kelvin) LNB's help to compensate for a smaller dish a little...my 8 footer is SUPPOSED to be marginal in Reno, NV....never seen a sparkly (except on some obscure analog transponders at the eastern end of the arc (other transponders on W3 (my east limit) are strong so it is not alignment.

NEVER seen a sparkle on any of the SATELLITE PREACHERS channels either!!

Finally got right on the belt with a Birdog meter, which I bought used on Ebay and then sold on ebay when I had dialed in perfectly!!!...I think it cost me about $12 in commissions etc since I got what I paid for it... I thought I was right on...but the Birdog tuning made life even better!!!

ANYWAY MY NORSTAT 8000(ORIG..10YRS OLD) + Norstat (forgot the #....KU LNB .6db) GETS MY VOTE TOO!

Regards
jeff

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.