Need local installer or info

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ryane75

Original poster
Sep 18, 2005
I'm new to this and I'm looking for a installer & dealer in Nebraska or anybody in the Lincoln Nebraska area the has some info.

Thanks

Hello and WELCOME to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA forum :welcome

Try here.......

www.dbsinstall.com

Ask if they have ever done a FTA installation BEFORE letting them touch your system!

I also have a large tree in the SE corner of my yard, but a clear view of the south and SW. Will this block alot of the satellites ?

Its bound to block some, but there are so many FTA channels that its still worth it, even if you only got a few satellites, (IMO) If you have a digital camera post a picture of you line of sight to the satellites (In thumbnail)

Here is the line of site where I wanted to hook up the satellite. The tree to the left is in the SE part of the yard and the tree to the right is in my neighbors yard toward the SE. The trees in the distance are across a park entrance road about 100 yard away or so. Will this work or am I going to have to put the dish in the SE corner of the fence where it will have a clear view of everything. The only problem with that figuring out how to run the wire a long distance.

I'm trying to post the picture,but it says I can't until I have 5 or more posts. I can e-mail to anybody that would like to see it.

Attachments

• DSCF0962.JPG
    DSCF0962.JPG
    232.6 KB · Views: 163
Wow! Thats not much of a line of sight! The best place for a dish would be way down in the corner of the yard.

But from where the picture was taken a fixed dish would would work as you can see so little of the arc.

My advice would be to get the pointing data from Satfinder (free download or ask PSB :) ). Then get a compass and see what satellites you can get from that location. As PSB said, closer to the corner would be better. I don't think the distant trees would bother you.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts