need more help getting EWTN

Status
Please reply by conversation.

fencebldr

Original poster
Jul 5, 2012
Tippecanoe IN
Just setup 10 footer with DMX741 and sathawkpvr800 and still can't receive EWTN. I believe I have the dish pointed and angled properly since I can get qvc on adjacent 131 and 135. I tried to 'red button' transponder data to match that given by ewtn. I get a 70-80 on signal strength and quality but no channel during blind scan. I know little to nothing about all this so any responses need to be accordingly. I'm not sure if this is a receiver setup or digital issue? I was under the impression that this openbox was digital compatible. Also, I used to receive all types of radio channels when I was on galaxy 17 and none pointing west??? THANKS in advance, I REALLY need help putting this project to rest.

Please confirm if you have a DMX741 or a DMX741 U.

Are you connected to only the C-band output or through the 22khz switch?

What satellite is selected from the satellite list?

What LNB LO frequency is selected?

If passing through the 22khz switch, is the 22khz ON or OFF?

TP frequency, Polarity and Symbol Rate are you manually entering to receive EWTN?

What TP frequencies are logged and do any channels come in after the blind scan?

i get ewtn on my 8'. it is a little tight on making sure you are pointed exactly. lyngsat has the correct freqs. it took me a bit of time getting the dish pointed correctly to get it. i still cannot get ewtn on my 6'. charlie

OK, DMX741, only thru the output (I have no clue what a 22khz switch is), I've done both; select only gal 15 at 133 and also those on either side, 135 and 131, the lnb freq I used last is 5150 but have noticed that by changing that option different chnls may or may not come in, 22khz is 'off', tp freq of '3790', pol 'h', sr of 11936. I received qvc channel and 3929-h-14321, 3791-h-12398, 3940-v-29267, and 3780-v-29267 after last blind scan.
Appreciate the interest and hope I can get this worked out, someone must be able to let me know what settings I need with this equipment to get ewtn,Thanks again!

It's been mentioned here before, this TP can be problematic. Takes a WELL tuned dish. Is you LNBF optimized? Is your dish tracking optimized on the arc? Once these are taken care of, it may still require bumping E or W a click or two as it's been mentioned that there is apparently some adjacent satellite interference.

For your settings: 22khz should be OFF(if, or if not, using the built in 22khz switch)
Standard LNBF & L.O. 5150, TP freq as required. SR as required. EWTN info previously posted or TheList(top of pages).

FYI: the 741 is a C and Ku 'all in one' LNBF. Even with optimizing it on C band, a C band only unit may perform slightly better. (individual results will vary, no guarantees)

i am using the dmx741. i have tryed the geosat c band and didn't see any difference in signal level. the list doesn't have g15 or 133w. lyngsat only has one of the tp's. 3790h11936. there is a dbs2 at 3806 if i recall. i am five hundred miles away from home right now so will confirm when i get there. charlie

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)