Need new ExpressVu 5900

mjschuyler

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 25, 2003
My 5100 is slowly passing away. I spent 3 hours with the tech's at Bell. It sounds like the hard drive is going. I can watch live tv but if I try to record it locks up. It also locks up sometimes when I am watching in a recorded program. Bell offered a a exchange for a reconditioned 5800 $150.00 plus $13.00 for shipping or a new 5900 for $299. Anyone know of any deals on receivers or want to sell a 5800/5900? They will not rent a receiver if you live in the Maritimes ( my account is in Prince Edward Island).
I am in Connecticut but a have a Bell account at my cottage in Prince Edward Island. I stay there in the summer and bring my receiver home when I return to the USA.

Thanks, Murray

Thanks for the help. I went to Kusat and ordered a new 5900. The reason ExpressVu will not rent receivers is because they don't have company installers in PEI so they are afraid of fraud. I realize I am on shady ground having a ExpressVu account in the USA but this was the most legitimate way to fix my problem and not raise issued with ExpessVu. I tried to take my E* receiver but I could not get a signal in PEI. It's tough to be a Canadian in the USA as I miss the Canadian only programming.

I received an email confirming my order BUT the 5900 is BACKORDERED! Does anyone know of another company that would have a 5900? Thanks