Need New Receiver > Compatibility Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mediajunkie5

Original poster
Feb 9, 2009
Toronto
Hi Guys,

My DirecTV receiver just totally died and I’m pretty sure there is no reviving it this time. :(

So, I need to get a new receiver ASAP (…like without DTV just isn’t as exciting, hehe!).

My question has to do with compatibility…

My current (dead) receiver is a DirecTV Plus R15.

I want to make sure that my access card will work without any problems with the new receiver.

I have no idea how this works…so maybe my access card will work with any receiver on the market…

Are there any limitations that I’m facing or can I just buy any receiver I want?

If anyone has any recommendations I’d love to hear them…
(I do _not_ need an HD box, but I definitely want it to have DVR functionality.)

Lastly, do I just put my access card in the new receiver and I’m good to go…or do I have to call DTV to notify them of the change?

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Cheers!

The new receiver will come with a new access card. You just call in after you hook it up. They ask for the rec number and card number and take your old one off your account. Make sure you have them remove the old one.
Get the R22. It is really good especially if you have component inputs on the tv.

Call D*, they will probably look at your account and make you an offer, possibly free, depending on what you decide on. (you may pay for shipping)

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts