Need new receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

lmalloy

Original poster
Sep 29, 2007
Hi,

Our Philips DSX 5500 remote is failing... slow response, buttons don't work, etc. Have tried taking out the batteries, pushing the #1 button for 10 seconds and reloading batteries but doesn't help. Have also rebooted the receiver with no improvement. Seems the receiver/remote combo is wearing out. We were happy with it until now, and had thought about picking one up on ebay but have read some negative posts about this model. Does anyone have advice...on whether to get another dsx 5500 or a different, updated one? We just need something very basic. We have a direct tv D10 receiver on another tv...I believe it's an universal. Don't like that at all...the guide screen is difficult to read and navigation is irksome. Thanks....I'm new to forum. Liz

D10/D11/D12 R15 etc all have the same guide so you won't like anything newer. I would call D* and order a white remote like your D10 has it can be programmed to run your phillips and should run about $15 w/shipping. In fact you should be able to go to D* website and find the code for your Phillips you should be able to try your existing RC16 remote to be sure the Phillips remote is the problem.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts