RSN's in HD - Oklahoma

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mseaton80

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
I'm relatively new to Directv, this is my first football season with it. I live in Oklahoma City and have yet to discover what channel (if there is one) that Fox Sports delivers their games in FSN-HD on.

For example, Directv's website says to check channels 94, 95, 96 but nothing is ever on there, but the guide data for me shows Oklahoma vs. Colorado tomorrow on channel 647 in HD, but it has yet to actually ever broadcast in HD. Is the guide just misleading, or am I looking at the wrong channel?

I'm relatively new to Directv, this is my first football season with it. I live in Oklahoma City and have yet to discover what channel (if there is one) that Fox Sports delivers their games in FSN-HD on.

For example, Directv's website says to check channels 94, 95, 96 but nothing is ever on there, but the guide data for me shows Oklahoma vs. Colorado tomorrow on channel 647 in HD, but it has yet to actually ever broadcast in HD. Is the guide just misleading, or am I looking at the wrong channel?

IF you are in the local area it will be on 647 for you.
The RSN's normally show thier HD programming on 96 or 97 (they would be MPEG4 programming, so you would need the new H20 rec. and dish set up) You probably already have that, but if not you won't see 96,97.
95 is mpeg2 and IF it's listed you should see it.
Have you verified that your games are indeed in HD ???

This is a good link for HD Sports
HD Sports Guide - HDTV Sports Listings & News

Jimbo

Hopefully next month Fox Southwest will be in HD where we can see our Sooners kick some serious butt!!!!!

At least we'll get to see them whoop up on the Horns in glorious HD on ABC coming up soon!!!!!

IF you are in the local area it will be on 647 for you.
The RSN's normally show thier HD programming on 96 or 97 (they would be MPEG4 programming, so you would need the new H20 rec. and dish set up) You probably already have that, but if not you won't see 96,97.
95 is mpeg2 and IF it's listed you should see it.
Have you verified that your games are indeed in HD ???

This is a good link for HD Sports
HD Sports Guide - HDTV Sports Listings & News

Jimbo

Ok Jimbo 647 is fox midwest and you dont get that without the sports package. 643 is fox sport southwest. This is what the ou game will be on tomorrow

Ok Jimbo 647 is fox midwest and you dont get that without the sports package. 643 is fox sport southwest. This is what the ou game will be on tomorrow

I didn't look it up, I just used the channel number he had mentioned.
You should not have to have the Sports Pack IF your in the correct reginial area.

mseaton80,
Do you have the Sports Package ?

I know what your saying jimbo and if this was any other state you would be correct but for the last 8 years that I've been with directv it's been fox southwest. This is Oklahoma we do things ass backwards

Tomorrows game is in HD on FSN Southwest as was the Sooners season opener and last weeks OSU Texas Tech game. I just moved and got my 129 dish back up in time for the games this season on E*, I thought Directv already had the FSSW hd games available. I have the OU game and the UCLA game following it, listed for HD tomorrow.

Sometimes we pickup other channels but it depends on the games that are playing, or if you have the sports channels. on 647 right on fox midwest it is channel not purchased because i dont have the sports package

Hopefully next month Fox Southwest will be in HD where we can see our Sooners kick some serious butt!!!!!

At least we'll get to see them whoop up on the Horns in glorious HD on ABC coming up soon!!!!!

Thats what I like about the OU v Texas game It's always on ABC. It's going to look good

Hey guys, thanks for the info. I do have the sports package, as well as the HR20, so I'll just hold my breath to see if it is actually in HD. The HDSportsGuide.com link referenced above does mention it will be broadcast in HD, so we'll see.

Oh well, I guess you don't need HD to watch OU throttle people (it just helps...)

BOOMER SOONER

OK, so the game shows up as HD on FSMW, does that mean it is actually going to be in HD? If so I need to call and get the sports pack.

Boomer Sooner

I dont know It may be in HD but we dont have fox sports southwest in hd yet. I hope they put it on 95 or 96 but I'm not holding my breath. There was one post that said Dish had it in HD. I dont know he's a OSU fan so that means you can't trust anything he says LOL!!!

Why do we want to see them lose in HD. OU looked like they needed to play a highschool team today. They stunk up the filed of play today.

The game looked great in HD, DISH channel 366, unfortunately the Sooners didn't. I guess I can watch K-State knock off Texas now in blurry-vision on ABC. I may be an OSU grad, but I grew up going to OU games with my dad and still do, so a small part of me feels your pain. It's just a part I choose to ignore most of the time.:D

Ok just to clear things up, as a test I added the sports channels and every FSN channel and others lit up. I was getting channel not purchased before. I love OU but they played like crap today. The best team won

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)