Need railing mount ASAP!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mojodojo

Original poster
Oct 25, 2005
Hi,

I just ordered a Directv HD/DVR unit and Directv is taking care of the install. I need a railing mount to install this, as I am in an apartment.

This is the problem. Directv cannot tell me if the installer will have a railing mount with them, and they can't give me a number to call them directly to ask!!!!

I need this by Wednesday, as this is a Sat. morning install. Can anyone sell and ship either next day or two day so I can get it by Wednesday?

Please PM me if you can do this.

THANKS!

P.S. - I am in Sacramento, CA if anyone is close by or knows of a dealer close by that will have a railing mount.

Make your own!

All you need is two pieces of 3/4 plywood or 2x8 pressure treated lumber to strattle the vertical rails. Use galvanized carriage bolts, nuts and washers. 5/16 inch by however long to cover the thickness of the rails and boards.

The mounting pad needed for the foot is 5x7 inches. The corners of the rectangle made by the four holes is 3-3/4x6-1/8 inches.

Mike500 said:
Make your own!

All you need is two pieces of 3/4 plywood or 2x8 pressure treated lumber to strattle the vertical rails. Use galvanized carriage bolts, nuts and washers. 5/16 inch by however long to cover the thickness of the rails and boards.

The mounting pad needed for the foot is 5x7 inches. The corners of the rectangle made by the four holes is 3-3/4x6-1/8 inches.

Unfortunately I will not be able to. I am moving on the day it is being installed, and need the quick setup the railing mount will offer. Thanks thought!

I cant speek for the complex you live in, but most in the Buffalo NY area are wrought iron railings and balconys and the complex's do Not allow us to use wood, most times you can just use good heavy duty U brackets or U brackets and a short pole, depending on your situation.

My apartment dish was mounted in a bucket of concrete for quite awhile and worked rather well until I had to elevate the dish due to tree growth. It is now on a 10' fence pole (well, actually 10' of conduit sleeved into a fence pole) which is secured to the wooden floor of the balcony with a 'foot' screwed in and U-bolted to the balcony railing with wooden shims.

Works rather well though the dish itself is WAAAAYYYY up there so it was kind of exciting when I had to hook up the last connection for the dual tuner DirecTivo. There are many possibilities for the apartment dweller.

A line post used for chain lenght fence ($7 to $9 at any Lowes or Home Depot) and three U-Bolts to clamp it to a railing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)