need ShawDirect installation support

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Henry Sanchez

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 25, 2015
California, USA
Hi everyone, i need some technical support for my Shaw installation, i have a Brand new (never been activated) 600 HD receiver with 60 cms elliptical dish, with XKU lnb.

This is my story, i tried to install it, but when i start to aim the dish on cannel 252, i found a satellite signal, but i get a yellow bar instead of get a green bar. i was thinking its because the receiver is Brand new. my question is: Is this normal when its Brand new receiver? Do i need to do something to make the bar color changes into Green?

is there any installation guide or something that i should read first? I know there are a lot of questions.. I really need your help and assistance with this Project...

Thank you very much!!!

I been Reading that guide, and explains how to install 2 dishes with universal lnb's. Here in Cabo San Lucas, mostly of people use 60 or 75 cms elliptical dish with no signal issues. i think i only get one satellite (F2 i guess) with 60 cms dish. but when i found the signal, only yellow signal bar shows on the screen.

Yep, that dish size works ok for the 2 sats you´ll be able to get (F1 and F2), red bar no signal, yellow bar, you´re getting some, but need to tweak the dish to lock on a good signal (i.e. green bar).

okay...but let me tell you i get pretty good signal, even with a yellow bar... i think i get 81 with yellow bar.. you mean i need to skew the dish a Little bit? or keep it straight like it is right now with no skew? and how do know what satellite i'm picking up? is there any label on the status that let me know what satellite is?

I been Reading that guide, and explains how to install 2 dishes with universal lnb's. Here in Cabo San Lucas, mostly of people use 60 or 75 cms elliptical dish with no signal issues. i think i only get one satellite (F2 i guess) with 60 cms dish. but when i found the signal, only yellow signal bar shows on the screen.
Excuse me ,but I don´t think you can get a decent signal using Shaw direct´s 60E dish, no way, You need either a well aligned 75E or 2 1,0 m dishes, I´ve doing this for some time now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts