Need Some Advice Switching to Dtv from Comcast... (Plans / Negotiation / etc...)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

wahooka

Original poster
Mar 25, 2007
Hi-

I am currently a Comcast subscriber but am moving and interesting in signing up to DirecTV to:
1) Save money
2) Get MLB Extra innings.
3) Get a better DVR (comcast one sucks)

I need some advice given my situation.

I will need 4 receivers. 3 should be DVRs.

What can I do to negotiate a good deal switching from cable? What do they usually offer?

I also may buy an HDTV within the next few months, still not sure. I was looking at packages and the Plus package looks to be what I'd want... I dont care much about HBO, Showtime, etc...

What scares me is if you don't keep service for 24 months (with advanced receivers) then they bill you for the rest of the time. This sucks! I live in an apt and could easily move after a year.

What advice can you give me?

Should I get an HDTV receiver / dish initially even though I don't have it yet?

Thanks for any help

Hi-

I am currently a Comcast subscriber but am moving and interesting in signing up to DirecTV to:
1) Save money
2) Get MLB Extra innings.
3) Get a better DVR (comcast one sucks)

I need some advice given my situation.

I will need 4 receivers. 3 should be DVRs.

What can I do to negotiate a good deal switching from cable? What do they usually offer?

I also may buy an HDTV within the next few months, still not sure. I was looking at packages and the Plus package looks to be what I'd want... I dont care much about HBO, Showtime, etc...

What scares me is if you don't keep service for 24 months (with advanced receivers) then they bill you for the rest of the time. This sucks! I live in an apt and could easily move after a year.

What advice can you give me?

Should I get an HDTV receiver / dish initially even though I don't have it yet?

Thanks for any help

wahooka,
If you have to move, it's not a problem, you take the recs with you and they come out and set up a new dish for you (Movers Connection)
Packages they offer change all the time, I would just call them and tell them what you need, tell them you are currently with the local cable company and tell them you are looking to change and see what they can do for you.... If for some reason you don't like what they offer hang up and call back.

IF you find a plan you do like,take it, don't expect to be able to call back later and get the same deal.

Jimbo

what if i move somewhere though where i cant get satellite...

like an apt that doesnt allow it or doesnt face the right direction...

what if i move somewhere though where i cant get satellite...

like an apt that doesnt allow it or doesnt face the right direction...

IF that happens, I would call D* and tell them you are being relocated to a place with NO line of sight and see if they will let you out of your contract.
Can't say for sure if they will or not, but it would be worth a try.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts