need some advise .

Status
Please reply by conversation.

holguinerito

Original poster
Sep 7, 2008
Hello guys .Im new to this hobby and was wondering if anyone can give me a idea on what dish i should start with . At this time i have a Samsonic BS-8100 from a friend but dont have a FTA dish all i have its a Dish500 with twin LNBs .In a month or so im planing on getting a Viewsat ultra .I was looking on the Sadoun site but cant figure what dish and LNB to chose from . so if u guys can give me a idea on how to start ill be more than happy to take the advise .I already have a few sats in mind and also be moving so im trying to look for a place with a wide angle to aim at what im looking for (hispasat and some to the west also ) Im in Houston tx 77060 . This receiver has a port on the back serial port ,its there any updates that i should install on it ? and also i have to order a remote since my friend lost the remote :mad: . so thats were im now any advise would help thanks ...

Welcome to Satellite Guys , Holguinerito .

From the name I take it your from Holguin , I was once in Nicaro where they have a Nickel Processing plant.

I would start off with a 36inch dish ( best size dish for the money ), and in your case a Universal LNB because of the possibility you might be aimed at Intelsat 9.

Please rethink your receiver buying options and do not purchase a Viewsat Ultra until you're sure that the receiver will work properly , some of those high price receivers cannot blind scan or work a motor properly.

Good luck finding a remote , you might wan't to look at Coolsats since they are going real cheap on ebay and are great for true FTA.

Jay thanks for your reply and yes im from holguin . the only reason i was thinking of a viewsat is cause my father in Tampa FL has a viewsat lite (i think ) he is also new to this hobby he had a friend from miami come to the house and help him setup everything . one thing that he has to do very often its update the software on the viewsat dont know why im not familiar with software updates yet but ill take ur advise and look at coolsats also once again thanks alot ...

I used to have a Viewsat Ultra and it does blind scan and drive a motor accuratly. However IMO it is rather expensive for a sd box with no pvr. The Visionsat IV200 I have now is cheaper than the Ultra and has a pvr, faster blindscan and it also drives a motor fine. The older coolsats are cheaper ($20-40 used) yet and supposably a good sd box without pvr.

The only reason for updating the software frequently is for hacking and that is illegal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.