Need some help here with DISH Programming...

Hwoody

Original poster
Nov 27, 2004
Hey everyone, please bear with me as I am new and not too good with this stuff. I am a NFL fan, with Dish network, living in NJ and I am a Tampa Bay Buccaneers fan, I heard I can capture local channels from say Tampa? How much would I have to pay? Would I need any extra equipment? Can it be done? What channels should I get? Thanks in advance!

Hi there, welcome to satelliteguys.

I'm afraid you are mixing some hacking terms in there and we don't talk hack at this site so I'd like to steer you away from that so I'm not forced to delete this thread.

But to answer your question. Since Dish doesn't have Sunday Ticket, the only way to get NFL games from another market would be to "move" your address. But since the NFL is played on CBS and FOX, this will only work for the markets that have their locals on the national beam and not the spot beams that just cover the area of the market, like Tampa in this case. So no, what you're trying to do to see the buccaneers cannot be done.

No, you can't get Tampa Bay as a NJ resident. DishNetwork does not have NFL Season ticket because DirecTV has a lock on it through 2007. Now, if you were to "move" to Tampa you could do it. Find an address and move there but keep your billing at your present address. You will lose your locals as they are now though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)