Need some help....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kylemax

Original poster
Oct 27, 2006
Hi...I am new to this so bare with me.I purchased a FTA Mercury II receiver with a HH90 motor a invacom SNH031 LNB and a 31" dish.I first tried to install it as to what was on the Sadoun website.I live in Fall River WI and am 43.4 w and 89.0 n.I set the motor at 43 degrees + a little.Then set the angle on the dish to 38.4.Set to true south.I set up the correct latitude and longitude on the receiver correctly.I received nothing.I set the angle eventually up to 51 on the sattelite and can receive most of the sattelites except for the lower degree ones and the higher degree ones.I get a signal strength of 70 to 75 on most channels.I tried once to change the angle again and got a lower degree sattelite and got ABC News Now but couldn't get in some of the others.Any suggestions as to where I am going wrong?Also have read things on here about circular and linear and still am a bit confused on that matter as well.One more thing...would a 36" dish matter as to receiving sattelites that are more degrees lower or higher or would it just help the signal to increase.Thanks-Kyle

Welcome to the forum!

A bigger dish will not help you track the arc any better. (It will help maintain signals in bad weather, and help pull in really weak signals)

http://www.usals.info/inglese/manuale_hh90/manuale.htm

The Invacom SNH-031 is a Universal LNB, so make sure you use 9750-10600 as the L.O. (LNB Freq.)

What kind of dish?

If its the Winegard DS2076 make sure to use the red mark when setting the elevation

Attachments

• Pict0134.JPG
    Pict0134.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 122
  • Arc.BMP
    643.9 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
It is a Fortec Star 31" from Sadoun.Still wondering why it (the sattelite angel) is up to the angle of 51 to get anything though.Unless I missed something in my calculations?

My question is similar. I have a working 36" dish set to 39 degrees and right next to it is a 31" dish set to 39 degrees and the small dish seems to tilted down a lot lower than the larger one. Moving the smaller dish to around 50 makes it appear to be about equal. Any ideas?

It is a Fortec Star 31" from Sadoun.Still wondering why it (the sattelite angel) is up to the angle of 51 to get anything though.Unless I missed something in my calculations?

It looks like your elevation angles and possibly your true south are off.

Follow these steps:
1- Make sure your mast is plump (very important)
2- Make sure the angle on your motor is the same as your latitude (use the Latitude scale on the motor)
3- Start with the dish elevation angle as calculated on our website.
4- With the motor at zero position, make sure that everything (motor, lnbf arm, dish) are in a straight line pointing at True South.
5- Use the receiver's menu to select a satellite ( I usually like to select one that has active transponders and about 10-15 degrees off my Tru south.)
6- Now use USALS (most accurate and easier to aim) to move the dish to that satellite.
7- Adjust your True South angle slightly first, then adjust the dish elevation angle slightly until you get a peak signal/quality.

Hi again....I looked at the maps you posted PSB and from the looks of it, I have to little declination (the sixth picture) so would I adjust the angle on the motor or the dish? Am I correct that I should be able to receive all of the satellites from 74 degrees west to 123 degrees west?

Also would like to know an easy channel to get on 79 W. so I could see if i can get a signal from that satellites transponder.One thing I would like to share is that I have a uhf transmitter to broadcast the video signal to all of my tv's in my house and when I am up on the roof making adjustments I take a small battery operated t.v. with me so I can read the meters as I am adjusting it....thanks again...Kyle

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)