Pansat Need some info please

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dannyidp

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
ga.
I just purchased a pansat 9200hd my open box died.could some one please explain to me what 950-2150 MHz Input Frequency (IF Loop Throughout)
Means in terms I might understand.also it states it want play dvb s2 with some sort of add on an some one tell me what I need and where I could find one thanks for any and all input.

The loop through allows a 2nd receiver to be connected. This connection is extremely limiting as the 2nd receiver is then only able to watch channels from the same satellite and the same polarity as the primary receiver when using traditional LNBFs.

The 9200 HD had the option of using different types of satellite tuners. The tuner modules could be changed by the user depending on the type of satellite signals they were wanting to receive. Many 9200HD units were sold with a tuner for receiving Dish Network turbo8. This tuner would not receive DVBS2 signals that are often used for FTA HD or SD channels.

What tuner module is installed on the receiver? If the DVBS2 tuner is not installed, maybe one could be found on EBay. Personally, if the DVBS2 module is not already installed, I wouldn't bother and instead buy a newer receiver that is more suited for FTA and newer modulations. The 9200 is older legacy equipment.

The loop through allows a 2nd receiver to be connected. This connection is extremely limiting as the 2nd receiver is then only able to watch channels from the same satellite and the same polarity as the primary receiver when using traditional LNBFs.

The 9200 HD had the option of using different types of satellite tuners. The tuner modules could be changed by the user depending on the type of satellite signals they were wanting to receive. Many 9200HD units were sold with a tuner for receiving Dish Network turbo8. This tuner would not receive DVBS2 signals that are often used for FTA HD or SD channels.

What tuner module is installed on the receiver? If the DVBS2 tuner is not installed, maybe one could be found on EBay. Personally, if the DVBS2 module is not already installed, I wouldn't bother and instead buy a newer receiver that is more suited for FTA and newer modulations. The 9200 is older legacy equipment.

Oh wow I just purchased the receiver to replace my old one I don't know which board is in it yet it want get here till tomorrow TO be honest I was having a hard time finding a true fta box and thought this one was.man all I want is to pick up c band and ku band no hacking or anything if this receiver can't do that than that sux

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)