Need some input

Status
Please reply by conversation.

henzio

Active SatelliteGuys Member
May 4, 2005
Hi Guys,
with your guys help i installed my FTA system to catch RTPi, and everything is going well...till it starts raining.
My problem it's when it rains not only my picture starts by freezing, but i lose completly my signal, and i only get it back when the sky starts to clear.
Is this normal ?
Or it could be the quality of my equipement, i have a fortec star lefetime ultra receiver that i payed $130 cnd and a dish and lnb that i payed $80 cnd, i bought this from a dealer that gets his stuff from china.
I live in Montreal, Canada and my quality level is 74%
Any input would be apreciated.
Thanks

Yes its normal, its called rain fade and during heavy rain you will lose your signal. Not much can be done about it other than getting a bigger dish, better LNBF and even then there will be times when you will loose signal. Check out the below product that at least will keep the dish and LNBF dry and that should help, as will rain X.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=71197

Will i have the same problem when it snows? because here in Montreal in winter time it snows a lot.
Thanks

Yes : ( Again the Rain Shield will help with the snow. I am here in MN. so we also see a load of snow. MANY times I have to go outside and brush the snow and ice off to get the signal back. Hoping for better results this year with the Rain Shield, it has REALLY helped me with rain fade,here is even more info on it...........

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=71171

Hello Henzio,
Sorry to say, but yes heavy snowfall/hail/sleet/freezing rain can also cause "rainfade" I see it quite a lot on my 76cm dish, I live about an hour south of Montreal.

Thanks a lot guys for the input,
Do you know if i can get "Rain Shield" here in Canada ?
Regards.
Henzio

They sell mobile motorized satellite systems to Canada so I don't see why not : )

Also dark cloud cover can make the signal go out. It may not be raining, but the signal may be gone.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)