Need some one to check my work

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Long Hair

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Mo
I have a unimesh dish 7.5ft, I'm trying to find out my F/d ratio. Here is what I have
7.5 x 12 = 90inches diameter of the dish, 13.5inches depth in inches 90x90=8100, 16x13.5=216. 8100/216=37.5inches 37.5/90=0.416666. If this is right how do I set the F/D to 37.5 when I'm maxed out at 36inches. Any info would help. The reason I'm asking is because some tp's don't come in on my 4dtv box. example on g1 @ 133west I get stars mux but not HBO.

Sounds like you are confusing focal length with F/d ratio.

F/d ratio is the measurement of the depth of your feedhorn in the scalar ring. Depending on what type/brand of feed you have you may see some numbers and lines on the tube that sticks into the scalar ring? That is where you set your F/d ratio.

The focal length is the distance from the flat of the center of your dish to (I think) about 1/4" into the mouth of your feedhorn.

If I recall correctly the Unimesh 7.5 has an f/d ratio of .40 so that would be the scalar ring setting and the focal distance is 36" to about 1/4" into the feedhorn throat.

If there is no .40 tick mark like on the Chaparral feed then yes, measure .20" (1/5") up from the feed throat to the bottom of the scalar ring.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)