Need someone in Minneapolis to verify something for me

just thought about this...I have a 5 gallon bucket of concrete with a pole in it that one of the Primestar dishes could go on. Lock 129 and then "ghetto rig" a LNB for 119.
I've got a bunch of DBS LNB's here (both DishPro and non) so all I would need is a DP21 or SW21

now if this heat would go away I could spend time possibly setting up the dish.......

now if this heat would go away I could spend time possibly setting up the dish.......

Sure can relate to that. I moved a couple of dishes the other day and repointed them. I started around 9 to 9:30 and took till close to 1 and even w/sun block on I still got sunburned and damn it was hot by the time I finished. No shade in my back yard until around 4. Today we tied the record of 29 100 degree or hotter days. We will be breaking that record tomorrow and it goes back to 1938.

couple quick questions on the 211

1. what is the difference between the 211 and the 211k? color?
2. found an old post that 1TB is max size EHD can add...still correct?
3. If I am recording something on satellite I can still flip through the OTA channels? (assume so since I can record one of each)
4. If I am recording something on satellite (or OTA) and flip to another station that is the same type (recording OTA and try to flip to another OTA) does it give you a warning message or does it just stop the recording? (Direct gives you a warning and an option)

think thats all the questions...still mulling this over

couple quick questions on the 211

1. what is the difference between the 211 and the 211k? color?
2. found an old post that 1TB is max size EHD can add...still correct?
3. If I am recording something on satellite I can still flip through the OTA channels? (assume so since I can record one of each)
4. If I am recording something on satellite (or OTA) and flip to another station that is the same type (recording OTA and try to flip to another OTA) does it give you a warning message or does it just stop the recording? (Direct gives you a warning and an option)

think thats all the questions...still mulling this over

1.afaik the 211 and 211K are virtually the same except for the color.Pretty sure they both come with ota tuner built in.
2.Yes 1tb is the max for ehd
3.Yes just like having a dual tuner receiver.Say your recording something on espn you can still watch and surf through your local ota
4.it will give a warning

well I got the 36" dish with a DBS LNB peaked....

TP2 shows 58-59 now :)
Whats weird is when I aimed a 18" dish at 129 one of the SD CONUS transponders showed a 72 signal. On the 36" it shows 77. Figured it would be way higher.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts