Need someone in Minneapolis to verify something for me

It's OK we will let you come back just this once. :eek:k: We can :kiss: & make up. We won't even make you sign the :deal: in blood or anything like that. Now it will be @party time. :haha:haha:haha This has been all in good fun, I hope you liked it as I've never gotten to use most of the these smilies before. :D

MattG@ DISH NETWORK said:
They should have been changed over to the Welcome Pack

Could be and they don't know it. Is the price the same?
They subbed only because some Radio Shack idiot (no offense to the non idiots) told my dad he would not be able to receive digital OTA. He never said anything until after the fact. Of course it was BS the guy didn't have a clue. All my dad needed was a new antenna which I could have put up for him. Instead he had to have a tree taken down and pay for the dish installation.

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

You're not missing much. Dennis Anderson retired.

yeah I know. Watched all the videos on the website of his retirement thingy
I REALLY want someone (Dish or Direct) to add "My9" to the locals. Then I can watch the UMD games. Thats how I use to watch them here in Minneapolis when they were on WDIO ;)

You might as well, you're here all the time, anyway. Time to put your money where your mouth is.;)

If I do then its really gonna piss of some folks because they can't whine to Scott that I'm here to help and I dont have Dish. :D

As I posted before I had Dish for about 6 years until I really didnt need them anymore. I had a Canadian system that gave me a few of the US channels that I watched (A&E as example) and gave me CBC & TSN For hockey. Had the Family Pack and locals for a while mainly for college hockey season (as posted above) then dropped it when they switched channels (to a cable access channel).

Could be and they don't know it. Is the price the same?
They subbed only because some Radio Shack idiot (no offense to the non idiots) told my dad he would not be able to receive digital OTA. He never said anything until after the fact. Of course it was BS the guy didn't have a clue. All my dad needed was a new antenna which I could have put up for him. Instead he had to have a tree taken down and pay for the dish installation.

Ross

locals only was like 10 bucks
Welcome Pack is 15

Got me curious...Iceberg you gonna use a larger dish for 129?35 36 strength sure wouldn't take much to knock out.

Thats what I was wondering about.....the low signal (I know the old meter and the numbers but the "neutered" meter they've had for a while I didnt know what equates to what on the meter)

Well lets see what I got here at the house that could be used..
A few 40x30 Primestar dishes
a 36" dish
getting a 1.2m dish from a member here

and 2 6 footers

hopefully something will work :) Thanks for letting me know about the possible signal issue

just noticed that almost all the Welcome Pack channels (sans 2 of them) are on 119
So I could do an extra big 119/129 setup. HD locals on 129 (dont care about CW as I have one in HD locally and a religious channel that is in SD on 110)

Just so I know the 211k if you add a hard drive gives you the extended guide, right? (9 days IIRC)...otherwise its the stock 44 hour

Thats what I was wondering about.....the low signal (I know the old meter and the numbers but the "neutered" meter they've had for a while I didnt know what equates to what on the meter)

a 36" dish

and 2 6 footers

hopefully something will work :) Thanks for letting me know about the possible signal issue

What about going EA? Then U will only need 72.7 & 61.5

MattG@ DISH NETWORK said:
Yup :D

$9.99 for Locals only
$14.99 for Welcome Pack

What is in welcome pack, couldn't find it listed on website...
My folks live in Maine about a 4 hour drive. Im due for a visit/do some chores soon so I want to be sure they are getting what they are paying for...

Ross

There is a thread on it but here is what you get
AMC
Bloomberg
Boomerang
CMT
Comedy Central
Food Network
Hallmark
Home & Garden Television (ADDED)
History
HSN
ICTV (ADDED) (just a shopping type channel)
MSNBC
MTV2
Oxygen
QVC
ShopNBC
TBS
TLC
The Hub (formerly Disc Kids)
WE: Women's Entertainment
The Weather Channel
+ locals
+ the PI channels in the 9400 area

Iceberg said:
There is a thread on it but here is what you get
AMC
Bloomberg
Boomerang
CMT
Comedy Central
Food Network
Hallmark
Home & Garden Television (ADDED)
History
HSN
ICTV (ADDED) (just a shopping type channel)
MSNBC
MTV2
Oxygen
QVC
ShopNBC
TBS
TLC
The Hub (formerly Disc Kids)
WE: Women's Entertainment
The Weather Channel
+ locals
+ the PI channels in the 9400 area

Thanks ice and matt I will read thread.

Ross

a 36" dish

and 2 6 footers

Now thats some serious dish power lol.

If you can get 50 or above you will be fine,most of our 129 signals average 50-55 and that is considered a good to very good signal.Haven't had many issues with rain fade only the heaviest thunder clouds cause problems.Even if you can get mid 40 range you should be ok,just keep a broom handy for the sticky snow :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)