Need Suggestions for Equipment/Install

robertw477

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
My parents want a Dish Network setup. Curently they have cable but upgraded their TVS this week and added three Hi def plasma TVS. They want DVR functions on their main living room TV. As a new Dish customer what should equipment should they ask for.

They want Americas 250 and no movie channels. They want HD locals so they can record and view HD. They dont have an antenna setup.

I know some receivers can run two tvs but how does that work? How does the remote work when the receiver is in another room. I would appreciate any suggestions. Does DIsh charge extra for an install fo this nature?

Also how many of these receivers need to be plugged into a phone line? They may need those wireless jacks?

Rob

You could get 622 and 2 211's. Remote talks to antenna on back of reciever.

All you do is answer the questions, how many HDTV's, etc. You as the customer don't ask for model numbers, just tell them how many tv's you have, specify HD, SD, DVR, etc.

You could get 622 and 2 211's. Remote talks to antenna on back of reciever.

All you do is answer the questions, how many HDTV's, etc. You as the customer don't ask for model numbers, just tell them how many tv's you have, specify HD, SD, DVR, etc.

What is the equipment cost for these receivers?

Rob

The 622 is free and I am sure the two 211s are as well. Especially when you are a new customer. BUt remember you are LEASING not owning.

Ok thanks for the help. I should call them tomm to verify total charges. I guess compared to cable for thm they will still end up with more for their money. I need to upgrade my equipment but I want two 622s. know they will only give me 1 though. I will probably downgrade some channels and add the hd pack.

Rob

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)