Need suggestions:

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

quest21

Original poster
Jul 4, 2007
I want KU added to my current C band. I have a 8’ Laser mirco-mesh dish, a chaparral feed horn, which the wasps liked a whole bunch, and they were winning for a while, a California something Mini-Mag C band lnb #140011, ribbon cable with 2 coax leads (1 being used) and a GI 920 4dtv receiver. Local Sat guy (who doesn’t want to mess with Buds anymore) suggested to stay away from the lnbf’s (he doesn’t’ like them for some reason) and to get a Chaparral Corotor (he didn’t say anything about II or +) and any KU lnb with low numbers (I mentioned Norsat but he said it didn’t matter), then just use my current C lnb and servo.

As of now my C band is working good with occasional drifting & sometimes totally out of wack that I have to readjust everything threw the remote (6-4-4). (Might have been the wasps coming and going)

I would like to save as much money as possible (seeing it’s hard to come by) but on the other hand I don’t want to throw it away on things that won’t work together.

I’ve search the forums enough that I am totally confused and dumbfounded.

Any and all suggestions would be welcomed & greatly appreciated .

Kim

well i have the bsc621 and really like it. I had a corotor but i didn't it wasn't going to fit into my equipment setup. so i got rid of it.

the bsc621 works well for me
the corotor would be a good choice also plus you can add whatever lnbs you want to it. be it the cheap $13 ones or a $150 high stability

the norsats tend to be the top of the line due to high stability (some people call it drifting also) although water and wasp can also do this.

cost wise i would say the bsc621 is cheap (usually under $60) but you might can find a used corotor at a good price and add the lnb's.
also be advised there is a bsc621-2 version thats not compatible with 4dtv

good thing about both is they should both just slide into the scaler already mounted.

somethings to check for though is: the dish focal distance set up correctly (of course it is now for c band but c band is a little bit more forgiving than ku) ... so ku needs to be close. also if you have placed strings across and get all the measurments plus make sure your dish is in the correct shape. the strings when strung across your dish should touch together.

also if you haven't added a dvb receiver to the setup , now is a good time to learn, lots of great channels.

and welcome to the group

any questions just ask away its a great group here

Thank you George, I'll check my dish tomorrow with the strings.

Is there anyway to preset the focal distance to get close enough the first time or is it all by trial and error?

I'll read up some on the dvb receiver and probably be alittle more confused.

Thanks again
Kim

well with the strings set you will take measurments
dish size ( yeah eight ft ) but do measure , it should be 96 inches
then if the strings touch together measure from that point to the dish base (center of dish) and then measure from the dish base (center) to the feedhorn ( actually to 1/4 inch inside the feedhorn ( caution watch for wasp)

write all these down and come back we will help you from there .

Is there anyway to preset the focal distance to get close enough the first time or is it all by trial and error?
its probable set properly but with all the measurments you take will verify it.

if the strings don't touch , we will help you align the dish sections until they do match up.

yeah the dvb receiver opened up a whole new world.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)