Need to combine 2 separate antenna signals.....

bnewt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Shepherdsville, Ky
ist that possible?

Most of my local channels are located in 1 general area, but there are a couple that are almost 180 degrees opposite. What would be the simplest way to handle this problem?

ist that possible?

Most of my local channels are located in 1 general area, but there are a couple that are almost 180 degrees opposite. What would be the simplest way to handle this problem?
The simplest is a 2 way splitter, not the best way but simplest. UVSJ can be used to combine UHF with VHF signals but you don't specify what you want to combine. Both Winegard and Channel Master make signal combiners.

If it is near 180, then just try putting up the antenna. Most yagis have a fairly significant back node, so the problem could very wel solve itself.

Don't know enough about signal levels to be more specific.

I agree with jayn_j. I have the old Channel Master 4228 pointed at DC, and it receives Baltimore just fine. It's not exactly 180 degrees in the opposite direction, but close enough. It also helps that Baltimore is fairly close to me (about 13 miles) compared to DC (22 miles).

WBKI should be a piece of cake with a reasonable antenna. You have 2 channels in the VHF band, although both are fairly strong. Still, I would recommend using an antenna that works on VHF-HI band. That should get you WBKI-19 off the back. Fortunately, WBKI is a clear channel without any adjacent channel interference, so this should work in your favor. I assume the other one you want is WKZT. That might be a bit tougher as it is 30 degrees off the back node and not all that strong. If you really need that particular PBS station, then you would need to add a second yagi pointed at that station and then use a signal combiner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)