Turn Your Knob -- to BOB (TV)

DiscoLoveGrapes

Zero Transponder Founded
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 14, 2005
Twin Cities, MN
It looks like NBC is getting into the National Subchannel business as well -- attempting something possibly called "Bob TV"

NBCUniversal is folding seven local digital news and lifestyle subchannels into a single national channel that will air retro reruns during the day and lifestyle programs in primetime, the network told TheWrap. The new net won't air local news shows, but programs such as "Talk Stoop." The subchannels of NBC affiliates are called NBC Nonstop channels. But new plans call for a potential name change."Bob TV" is one name under consideration.

MediaPost Publications NBC Folds 7 DIgital Channels Into 1 07/12/2012

I wonder if it'd be as accessible as their other channels on satellite, although I wish I knew what "lifestyle" shows were.

It is about time the major networks made good use of their sub channels, BUT NBC 5 Dallas has a channel running on 5-2 that might be close to their BOB TV plans and it aint worth watching a real waste of airtime.

Last edited:
it would be better than crappy 24/7 outdated weather that is on our local NBC in Mpls
CBS (since its O&O) wont add any either

I wonder if they will add MundoFox here locally. Right now Fox and My cross promote (since Fox is on VHF and My is on UHF the -2 of the other station is cross promoted)

With FOX having a large movie and TV program inventory it would seem they are a perfect source for a sub channel, Never mind all the old sports programs. They could easily have a 24 hour a day sub channel with classic sports.

In the Fort Wayne market the ABC, NBC, FOX, CW, and My TV channels are under one roof and are at capacity with bandwidth wonder how they are going to pull this one off. Channel 21.1 is HD ABC, Channel 21.2 is SD CW, 21.3 is SD weather Radar, 33.1 is HD NBC, and 33.2 is both HD Fox and HD and SD My TV. Ice this would be a good question for you on how they are going to pull the rabbit out of the hat.

Dan Rose

In the Fort Wayne market the ABC, NBC, FOX, CW, and My TV channels are under one roof and are at capacity with bandwidth wonder how they are going to pull this one off. Channel 21.1 is HD ABC, Channel 21.2 is SD CW, 21.3 is SD weather Radar, 33.1 is HD NBC, and 33.2 is both HD Fox and HD and SD My TV. Ice this would be a good question for you on how they are going to pull the rabbit out of the hat.

Dan Rose
they dont have to carry it. The NBC O&O are the only ones for sure carrying it. Everyone else is a "if you want to"
Since they got NBC & Fox (both in HD) there is no room at the inn

The latest generation will not know why they say "turn the knob" to Bob since they will have probably never seen televisions with knobs on them. They have not been around for what - 20 years or so?

I don't want to lose THIS-TV, to something called BOB-TV on my local tv KOB-DT here in Albuquerque!!:confused:

you probably won't. The O&O stations already have something like it called nonstop or something of the nature. Affiliates can carry whatever they want on a subchannel and do not have to carry it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts