Need to confirm this LNB/Switch/Receiver setup will work

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ptscon

Original poster
Feb 6, 2012
North America
Hello,

I have a DPP Twin LNB with a single coax running into the house. I need to hook up a second receiver and want to avoid having to run a second coax from the LNB.

So I'd like to confirm that a single cable from the LNB to DPP44, from DPP44 to two receivers ...t:confused:his will work just fine right?

Hello,

I have a DPP Twin LNB with a single coax running into the house. I need to hook up a second receiver and want to avoid having to run a second coax from the LNB.

So I'd like to confirm that a single cable from the LNB to DPP44, from DPP44 to two receivers ...t:confused:his will work just fine right?

wont work. The DPP44 requires 2 cables to begin with (one for each satellite slot)
You need a cable to the LNB for the 2nd receiver

Are you guys sure? DPP Twin has a build in switch, both of it's outputs provide both orbital locations. Why would you need two cables running to DPP44 when a single will provide both satellite locations?

Thanks

The upside is you don't need to pay for a DPP44 at all. Just run two cables from the DPP twin to your receivers and you're done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)