Need to replace defective DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mjitkop

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2003
Hi guys.

I have a Hughes HDVR2 whose tuner 1 is showing signs of weaknesses (a few channels are pixelated). I checked with another HDVR2 on the same line and it works fine.

What I'm looking for is any SD DVR. I don't have HD.

Any suggestions where to get one? Is it better on-line or in a store?

Thanks.

On eBay you could replace it with a TiVo at a reasonable price, I'd suggest a HR10-250.

Through Directv you can buy the protection plan and they would replace it with an R15/16 or 22 SD DVR that you would still own but operates far differently from your TiVo.
Or you can check your account and probably have a free upgrade to a SD DVR but with a lease and a 2 year contract.

I wouldn't suggest an HR10-250.
It's an old format(MPEG2 or MPEG3 or whatever) HD DVR and soon if not already there's no DIRECTV HD channels left to receive with it. If you get it and some day decide to add HD to your programming package this DVR won't be able to receive any HD channels.

I wouldn't suggest an HR10-250.
It's an old format(MPEG2 or MPEG3 or whatever) HD DVR and soon if not already there's no DIRECTV HD channels left to receive with it. If you get it and some day decide to add HD to your programming package this DVR won't be able to receive any HD channels.

Well, since the op said he doesn't have hd and is looking for an sd dvr, the HR10-250 is an excellent choice. If he wants hd later, he can deal with it then.

Not to mention that the HR10-250 can record HD from OTA.
But, I agree that the OP should look ahead into the HR2x series of DVRs.

Not to mention that the HR10-250 can record HD from OTA.
But, I agree that the OP should look ahead into the HR2x series of DVRs.

I agree, also, but the op said he didn't have hd, so I assume he meant no hd television. I doubt he would pay the $10/month for hd programming without the tv to watch it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts