Need to ship lease equipment back to Dish

chong67

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Jonesboro
I cant believe I have to pay $15 to ship it back to them.

Can I at least drop it at their local shop or installer place?

Or call Dish to ship it back free?

Advice ...

It's a valid charge if you use the label that we provided, and there's no where you can drop it off.

You can use your own method of shipping, but I couldn't tell you how much it will cost (use the same address on the label we provided).

I just had to get a new box in the bedroom as that one died...... I asked the UPS guy how I could ship it back. He told me where the nearest shipping point was, and said I could give him a call he would stop, and pick it up..... For me I am only a couple of miles from the shipping point so I just went there the next time I went to town to drop it off.........

Old customer, it's part of the contract you signed when you committed to or renewed your contract with dish.

How's that for stirring the pot?

Dont worry, soon enough you will be just as ticked with your new provider that you will be switching back to dish network.

if your an old customer contract prior to 2/1/10 you also will have a credit of your last month provided you have not gone overboard with PPV in your last month as all old customers pay one month ahead.

The $15 is a nice touch by dish to save $$$ -160,000 customers gone in for months dish is not going to pay that!!

I see. Yah I remember something about the agreement that equipment is lease.

One last $15 to spent. I am not getting cable or any dish provider after 20+ years. I am now using HD OTA free.

$15 is not that bad but if you have a ups account or paypal ups it will be about the same. Shame Direct will not charge Comcast, Time warner will come to your home to pick up/remove at no charge and chartter you just have to find a local office.

I got my empty box from Dish yesterday. Its like a container of empty air.

I sell things on fleabay and I know the shipping game. I didnt have to ship the LNB as I told the guy I am not climbing up to the side of the house to get it. SO I dont know if $15 is the full load.

But ...

I price a courier and it comes up to be $7.58 shipping for 13 pounds. This courier seems to charge less if it ship to a business. Its not the disfunctional Post Office.

I think people's point is that cable doesn't require you to pay to ship anything back when you cancel. You drop it off at the local office for free. It's kind of rough for people who may be cancelling due to money issues to tack on a fee at the end. Even though it's technically a shipping fee, it feels like a cancellation fee. That's the sort of cost a business is supposed to eat so they don't leave a bad taste in the mouth of the person paying it and risk losing future business from him/her and everyone he/she talks to. The best idea, generally, is to make quitting as easy as possible so people remember their time with you fondly and are still open to doing business with you in the future. I've had things I've quit and come back to precisely because they made cancelling a breeze. Companies that make it difficult on me or play hardball over small sums when I'm in tough financial straights, I generally haven't returned to.

I just got a new 722 as the old one died. I was told I would be charged the $15 to send the bad one back, so I guess they don't just do it when you cancel. It doesn't seem right that you have to pay for shipping when their equipment that you are leasing breaks.

If you get the sp it is free. The leasing covers the cost of the rcvr only. If it was purchased and out of warranty without the sp it would cost you 90 dollars to replace it. With sp it is free.

I think people's point is that cable doesn't require you to pay to ship anything back when you cancel. You drop it off at the local office for free. It's kind of rough for people who may be cancelling due to money issues to tack on a fee at the end. Even though it's technically a shipping fee, it feels like a cancellation fee. That's the sort of cost a business is supposed to eat so they don't leave a bad taste in the mouth of the person paying it and risk losing future business from him/her and everyone he/she talks to. The best idea, generally, is to make quitting as easy as possible so people remember their time with you fondly and are still open to doing business with you in the future. I've had things I've quit and come back to precisely because they made cancelling a breeze. Companies that make it difficult on me or play hardball over small sums when I'm in tough financial straights, I generally haven't returned to.

I agree. I paid Dish an ETF and will pay the $15 to ship back my box as soon as the stuff comes. I knew this going in to the cancellation process. Meanwhile, I asked Time Warner what I would pay if I decided I didn't like them in a month, and was pleasantly surprised. I'd only pay for the days I used, and they would pick up the box or I could drop it off at the local office. I am pretty PO'ed at Dish right now (cancelled because of SNY), and the fees, etc. (even though I knew about them) haven't made me any happier with them. I will consider coming back to Time Warner if I cancel, I will not consider Dish.

I sold my old 510 last year and to ship it to the buyer was nearly $20 UPS ground, so I see the $15 shipping charge as a good deal.

If you can do better, more power to you, but complaining that a company wants you to pay to return the equipment you have been leasing from them is a little silly.

I sold my old 510 last year and to ship it to the buyer was nearly $20 UPS ground, so I see the $15 shipping charge as a good deal.

If you can do better, more power to you, but complaining that a company wants you to pay to return the equipment you have been leasing from them is a little silly.
Not when it wasn't there 6 years ago when I came on board, and I don't remember a mailer with these changes highlighted and bold informing me that from this date on forward if I cancel it will cost you $15 per box to return them. Only reason I know is because I come here.

Not really free, you've got the cost of gas and wear on your vehicle.

Frank7004 said:
Old customer, it's part of the contract you signed when you committed to or renewed your contract with dish.

How's that for stirring the pot?

Dont worry, soon enough you will be just as ticked with your new provider that you will be switching back to dish network.

True. One thing that some peeps do not realize that Direct TV does not have 24 hour customer service like DISH Network has,

Today is the first day of your life.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)