Need update us firmware for s10 openbox that works

Status
Please reply by conversation.

superslug

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 15, 2011
Trenton,MO
I had a china version, but it locked my receiver every 30 min. I find us version for s9 and s10, but did not have the program (DiSEqC) to move my dish. I real hate this receiver. Does anyone have update firmware that works? Thanks

It's a crap shoot.

I have tried most of the recommended S9/S10 firmware, and have settled on the 10-2011 release from wydvb.com as the least buggy. It has a European sat list, so you will need to load an American sat list after installing it.

It will occasionaly freeze up on SD channels, usually KCWY, and about once a week will freeze up on an HD channel, usually Reelz. No EPG or closed caption. DVR works fine, haven't tried timer function.

I have an S10 that is tests "not a clone" when the press 8888 on system information screen test is performed.

Newer firmware, including the 10-2011 release are said to have a "Clone Kill" feature built into them.

What fun.

I can hardly wait to make the S9 a backup receiver with a SatAV MicroHD as primary. I've tried sooo many FW updates it's a surprise that the S9's flash will accept another update. Been using C2HS2-11-08-24:0679CMT. It works, but lately it's likely to freeze, then lock up on many SD feeds. Menu-Exit will restore operation, if it's caught soon enough, but only for a while. Funny thing is, it wasn't as bad when first installed.

i tried using c2hs2-11-08-15:032dcmt but then it locked up on a couple of news feeds, france24, so went back to hds2-11-03-21:01a2m which doesn't lock up and doesn't have the moving dish message when it gets signal and it is faster when i want to see the tp's in the satellite. awaiting the new receiver which is on my christmas list. charlie

It's a crap shoot.
That ain't no lie, what FW works for one doesn't necessarily work for others.
Think it's a bunch of Chinese high school hackers doing the FW. Would be nice if they'd open source the code, as I think the hardware is capable, but the implementation, via FW, well, pretty much SUX.

they claim it is linux,but it isn't.
from what I've been able to discern, it is but, it isn't. It;s linux, but a very minimal command set. But without knowing the variables, or limitations, going "in blind" would surely brick it.

..........Been using C2HS2-11-08-24:0679CMT. It works, but lately it's likely to freeze, then lock up on many SD feeds. Menu-Exit will restore operation, if it's caught soon enough, but only for a while. Funny thing is, it wasn't as bad when first installed.
That is the exact version I have been using for some time now on my S9. As has been stated what works for one, not so for the other. I must be the lucky one. This version works great! No freeeeeze, no lock up, no problems with it. Maybe I actually have an S9 that came from the REAL factory in China. If it was made in the US, I would say it was built on a Wednesday. But that doesn't hold up too much in China.

it does run hot,but you can pop the cover and connect an old cpu fan to the 12v connector that normally runs to the back of the receiver.

I've been using openbox_s10_1011 (latest firmware) with no issues. I don't pvr so can't talk to that. Tried the same file from both of the China so called OEM sites (wydvb and the one that starts with "S', forget the name). I understand that wydvb gets their version from the other. My box comes up as not being a clone so no issues there. Originally downloaded and usb'd an America's sat file separately and now have a saved sat file with my settings on a stick so I can reload whenever. Still had to do the PAL/NTSC dance but once figured out, good to go.

so went back to hds2-11-03-21:01a2m which doesn't lock up and doesn't have the moving dish message when it gets signal and it is faster when i want to see the tp's in the satellite.
I couldn't find that one.
The closest I could find was from 3-15-2011 and it still had the moving dish irritant.

hawker

That was sathawk firmware,which won't boot on my s10.
The only link I could find for the hds2-11-03-21:01a2m was a dead rapidshare link.
I did find that the s9 4-4-2011 firmware gets rid of the moving dish popup by itself also.
I will play with that for a while.It did reboot by itself after one of the blindscans I did.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)