Need US satellite details...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

timgray

Original poster
Oct 26, 2006
I unfortunately was suckered into a "great deal" on ebay for a fortec ultra lifetime. It's a china/middle east unit and has NO US sattelites in it's setup.

I need to enter them all by hand, but I can not find any details anywhere on what is what.

I need the sattelite name, location, LO freq, data rate and freq and other details so I can blind scan them and get the FTA channels. anyone have the list of the data I need?

Problem is that it's a PAL unit with the SCART connector on the back and everyplace else I have looked online about it said that if I flash it with the US formware it will not recieve anything because the hardwaqre is different.

I had to chop off the power cord and change that as well as use a lcd tv to set it from PAL to NTSC so I could at least get it working. I am recieving a couple of FTA channels from 110 right now using a old dish network LNB and 90cm superdish to test it and it took me about 2 hours to guess at frequency and datarate settings until I got a lock on.

I would love to not have to enter all that data.... can I use channelmaster to upload it from a file available if flashing to the US firmware will not work?

if it can only receive PAL, you may really have been suckered... You need ntsc to see tv in the US for the most part. I'm no pro with this stuff, but I think PAL and NTSC are incompatible... I've never tried to get anything pal on an ntsc tv though, so don't know if it wouldn't work at all, or if you'd only see part of the screen since the pixel aspect ratio would be off...

Thats odd, I don't know about the FLU but aren't FTA STB for the most part able to convert PAL- NTSC and the other way around, Though I have to admit I don't remember a setting in my menu asking TV TYPE, Ok Now I have to look just in case it's there and I never noticed it.

I've never tried to get anything pal on an ntsc tv though, so don't know if it wouldn't work at all, or if you'd only see part of the screen since the pixel aspect ratio would be off...

I have watched PAL on my NTSC TV, my DVD player converts format and keeps ratio, and I wouldn't doubt I watched PAL Feeds on FTA without knowing it because Many STB's support PAL/NTSC.

its worth a shot flashing us firmware on the ird. dreambox is an example of a euro ird that defaults to pal but can be selected in frmware to output ntsc insted, over scart.

they make composite, svideo, and component scart adapters, I would start with a composite one first to see how that works.

Thats odd, I don't know about the FLU but aren't FTA STB for the most part able to convert PAL- NTSC and the other way around, Though I have to admit I don't remember a setting in my menu asking TV TYPE, Ok Now I have to look just in case it's there and I never noticed it.

The manual on Fortec's website says the FLU sets PAL/NTSC automatically or you can select. [It also shows the SCART connector (US substitutes S-Video).] I highly recommend reading the manual, even for a clone receiver. I learned from experience. :D

http://www.fortecstar.com/Estore/store/Assets/userguide/65-userguide.pdf

I looed in the manual and nothing allows you to switch to NTSC. I set tv and video out to ntsc but nothing will change all the stored sattelites from all Asian, middle eastern and european to United states with a simple switch.

Where in the manual does it way that it can do that?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts