World Box + Laptop + svideo + hdtv?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sikma

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 7, 2005
Dish Farm Up North
I'm not too computer literate so bare with me. Most laptops come with an svideo output. My question is, can you run a DVB World Box with a laptop, then connect the svideo 'out' from the computer to the svideo 'in' on a plasma hdtv and watch tv???

Yes, if the laptop is up to the DVB World specs and has super video you are good to go (S video will not give you HD on TV)!

Last edited:
Thanks PSB for the reply. I assume since svideo could work, how about the standard vga from a desktop computer to an hdtv that has a vga connection (would that give you hd or what would be the solution?).

Only the proper HD connections and cables will give you HD on an external TV as far as I know! I just watch it on my PC.

sikma,,if this is going to be a NEW purchase,,its acually easier to find a laptop with either DVI or HMDI outputs,then it is to find S video,

sikma,,if this is going to be a NEW purchase,,its acually easier to find a laptop with either DVI or HMDI outputs,then it is to find S video,

If you find one with HDMI, naturally, it is better than DVI and I would recommend you get it as well.

Thanks PSB for the reply. I assume since svideo could work, how about the standard vga from a desktop computer to an hdtv that has a vga connection (would that give you hd or what would be the solution?).

Yes a standard vga connection should work, set the computer resolution to the native resolution of your tv.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)