Need Viewsat factory file

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ohiosat

Original poster
Sep 20, 2012
ohio
I have an older version of a Viewsat Platinum that has illegal file installed. I tried doing a factory reset without any good results. I am looking for the factory file. Can anyone PLEASE HELP ?

Carlos that is for the Ultra, and 9000, don't think those are interchangeable with the VS Platinum. There were 2 models of VS that did use the same file, but I have forgotten which they were. Hope the OP doesn't try an upgrade until he's certain he has the right file.;'

Yes the Platinum is not in the file section, and I did some quick research and turned up nothing, but a place that wanted me to pay to download it.:eek:

platinum lite used the same files,but I think all my files are bad boys.
*Found it on a pirate site,so it's still out there.
This file will restore the receiver to a virgin state. It will remove all traces of 3rd party software leaving it in the exact same condition as it came from the factory. This will not wipe clean any scanned channels so after loading a factory default will be required to leave it with no channels (NOCH).
downloaded no problem.
dbpsw-cleaner-p.zip is the name of the file

Last edited:
Ohiosat, I have found a copy of a vs plat factory file, and the loader program too if you still need it. It was on a cd that I got with a receiver I bought a while ago. I'll try to upload it to our firmware section, a mod will probably have to approve it first though.
EDIT: File upload seems to have been rejected, so try to PM me if you like, and I'll email it and the loader to you. click on my name and Send private message....

Last edited:
Ohiosat, I have found a copy of a vs plat factory file, and the loader program too if you still need it. It was on a cd that I got with a receiver I bought a while ago. I'll try to upload it to our firmware section, a mod will probably have to approve it first though.
EDIT: File upload seems to have been rejected, so try to PM me if you like, and I'll email it and the loader to you. click on my name and Send private message....

You have to ZIP the file up, or it won't accept it. If you have Winzip or Winrar, just put the files in a folder, and zip it! Then re-upload it. You can then PM Ice and ask nicely if he can approve it right away.

Thanks primestar, I must've not read the instructions closely. Which wouldn't be the first time, lol.
edit: files zipped and sent into Firmware section. You could lose a crop trying to do this in linux, we use bzip and tar for archiving files.

Last edited:
I picked up a couple of VS Ultra's cheap, had planned to use them to listen to programming off of G19. However neither getting anything off the 12177Mhz transponder, it is giving me tons of double channels both video and audio. I am trying to use the VSPro-Cleaner, I haven't figured out how use it. Any tips would be appreciated. How do I update the satellite list by the way?

I would greatly appreciate a link to download the cleaner for the Ultra. All of my efforts to locate one has failed. Thanks in advance.

Package sent via e-mail with both VS Platinum and Ultra 2000 Cleaner/ Factory and loaders. Hope you can fix your box, Good Luck!!

Carlospr43, I am the same situation, I have a Viewsat ultra lite, but I try to pick the satellite 77 W but it's not in the sallites list, I think needs to be upgrade, but I don't know for sure.. I will send you a PM..

Thanks...

No. They got shut down due to their involvement in satellite piracy and their owner did some jail time even. :eek:

Wow, had no idea. I remember the FTA piracy mess of the past, but did not hear about Viewsat's fate.

Status
Please reply by conversation.