Need Wiring diagram for 1 Hopper 3 and 1 Wally thanks

And like I said earlier, if you run two lines into a DUO HUB, you can run TWO HOPPER 3's off that one hybrid lnb. I'm fully aware without the hub, port two gets disabled.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using the SatelliteGuys app!
I'm not buying it. One of the inputs will not be active at the Duo Hub, so no way you can run 2 receivers of 1 input, and if nothing else, no way you can run them as they're intended to work, all tuners, all sats, etc

And like I said earlier, if you run two lines into a DUO HUB, you can run TWO HOPPER 3's off that one hybrid lnb. I'm fully aware without the hub, port two gets disabled.

No you can't!! If you could do that then why did Dish have to come out with the DPH42 to support 2 Hopper 3's?

Sorry, but you are flat wrong on this one.

;) That what i know is that always when i connect the meter to port 2 on hybrid LNB it worked just fine :cool:

Yes, if the Hopper 3 is turned off then port #2 will show a signal on a meter sometimes. Sometimes it will even show a signal with the Hopper 3 turned on except the signal is immediately lost on the Hopper 3 when the meter locks on.

But the point is that you can't have another receiver that works attached to port #2 if a Hopper 3 is working on port #1. Can we agree on that? :)

Sometimes it will even show a signal with the Hopper 3 turned on except the signal is immediately lost on the Hopper 3 when the meter locks on.
........ Can we agree on that? :)

:) We may agree on this.
Never tried second receiver on port 2 with Hopper 3, and never observed if the hopper 3 have signal at the time I adjusting the dish.

But I always attach my meter on port 2 on hybrid LNB and always works ;)

I think I just read 28 confusing posts about port 1 ,2 and even 3 . I need a beer. !

We did agreed that the official way is DPP LNB and 42 switch or second dish.
With 1k2 DPP LNB you can attached the Wally straight to port #1 or #3 on the LNB or to the 42 switch port - 2.
....from there you can experiment as much as you want.

My installer tried to run 2 lines from a hybrid lnb into Duo hub when I first had my two Hopper3 receivers installed. Of course it would not work. I finally showed him how he needed DPP lnb and a DPH42 switch. I showed him the diagram and pictures from the SatelliteGuys website. You need to listen to JSheridan and Hipkat. They know what they are doing.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

yes my installer tried the same thing with 2 hopper 3's running both on a Hybrid and Duo Hub.. it did not work. So he had to put on a DPP LNB and a DPH42 with power inserter. works just fine now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)