Need Wiring diagram for 1 Hopper 3 and 1 Wally thanks (1 Viewer)

Register Today to see less ads! It's Free!

Conway

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 9, 2007
I want to hook up a hopper 3 and a wally to a Dish 1000.2 with a Eastern Arc Hybrid LNB. What special equipment is needed? thanks

Conway

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 9, 2007
hey thanks for the replies. I tried it on port 2 today with hopper 3 on port 1 and got diddly.. but i also tried wally on port 1 and got diddly but hopper 3 worked just fine on port 1 go figure..

Conway

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 9, 2007
yeah i did.. i think my wire is bad.. I'm going tone out the wire to be certain before i replace it.

Conway

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 9, 2007
we need the days where we could plug a receiver into each output on the LNB with no issues.. haha. I am working on that for a friend.. they have the equipment and a dish and just trying to get it hooked up. I have 2 hopper 3's and 3 Joey 3.0 here at my home. Running on a DHP42 switch. Looks like a DPP LNB out on the dish.

osumike

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 1, 2012
On a roof in Wisconsin
Why? I'd be willing to bet it would. I've pre downloaded wallys on my hybrid lnb at home. And 722's... I know for a fact that ANY single receiver will run on a hybrid lnb. I download two hopper slings at the same time on my hybrid lnb at home.
A Hopper 3 and a Wally on one Hybrid LNB? I'm thinking it won't. In fact, I know it won't.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using the SatelliteGuys app!

JSheridan

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2008
USA
Why? I'd be willing to bet it would. I've pre downloaded wallys on my hybrid lnb at home. And 722's... I know for a fact that ANY single receiver will run on a hybrid lnb. I download two hopper slings at the same time on my hybrid lnb at home.

Yup, all those receivers work just like you say on a Hybrid LNB but if you connect a Hopper 3 to port #1 on a Hybrid LNB then port #2 is disabled. I'll take any bet on this that you want to make as I have tried it in the past and I just tried it again this afternoon to be absolutely positive before I responded to your post.

n0qcu

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Earth
Yup, all those receivers work just like you say on a Hybrid LNB but if you connect a Hopper 3 to port #1 on a Hybrid LNB then port #2 is disabled. I'll take any bet on this that you want to make as I have tried it in the past and I just tried it again this afternoon to be absolutely positive before I responded to your post.
Wish I could like more than once.

osumike

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 1, 2012
On a roof in Wisconsin
And like I said earlier, if you run two lines into a DUO HUB, you can run TWO HOPPER 3's off that one hybrid lnb. I'm fully aware without the hub, port two gets disabled.

HipKat

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 25, 2017
Pekin, IL

Because a Hopper 3 disables port 2 which is why you need a DPP LNB and a 42 switch for 2 Hopper 3's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts