Need your experience to get the new HD Channels

That means removing the the foot plate from the roof & replacing it w/the the 1000.4 to do it right.
I'll be getting out the drill,roof sealer & shingles.

Kenny, I'm a believer in the struts. If you can mount the struts to the D500, you'll be fine with the existing mount. The issue for me is, without the extra support of the struts, especially on a roof, that over time the weight of the 1K.4, or wind, could potentially throw your alignment off.
I've never had issue with roof mounts, BTW. Just seal with butyl rubber from Lowes.

Got it! I ordered the 1000.4.Once I get it & can put a eyeball on the mounting hardware & compare it to the 500, I'll go from there.
Thanks!
Later.

NO degrading of signal on 72.7 sat. The 77 sat can be peaked in my area in the 50s , but the 110 sat is stronger in signal strength. But all that is on 77 sat is pay per views, cd music and some locals on national conus beam. Soon all hd content will be migrated to 72.7 sat, as DISH just announced on the front of the site. So I get 72.7 sat in the 60s and low 70s , which is strong if not stronger than 119 . You should be fine with just eastern arc , but if you are worried about 77 sat, you can back it up with a side sat for just 110 . I have that setup presently, but I did it that way because I had distants for L.A. from AAD a while back.

The 211 and 211k use the same software, both use the EHD option to convert to DVR.

The only difference is size and color and I've heard the 211k is cheaper to produce than the 211 was.

I have 2 211s and 1 211k, no trouble with either, all have EHD.

Try the dishstore.net and look for sat meters. The eastern arc dish should come with instructions on how to install the dish.

I did my install and I had to read the instructions several times , because the 1000.4 dish is more complicated than the simple dish 1000.2 dish. With the 1k.2 dish you just set the skew point , then set the elevation and point towards the satellites in the southern sky using the 119 sat to peak it on. Then boom you have all 3 sats.

With the eastern arc 1k.4 dish, you have a azimuth cam and an elevation rod that can be peaked to get maximum signal on all 3 sats. The azimuth cam was harder to peak using a wrench to adjust it so I got maximum signal on the 77 sat as well as the other two. So I read the instructions step by step and used the 72.7 sat to peak it on. But when I finished , I had good signals on all 3 sats.

77 sat - 50 - 58
72.7 sat - 60 - 70
61.5 sat - 45-70

Any suggestions on a make/model of a sat.meter I can buy to make the install go smoother for the 1000.4

I use the cheapest sat meter from ebay - it hooks up between the LNB and receiver, so no battery needed, has a lit meter and a noise. You adjust the single knob until the noise is just starting, and then move the dish for louder noise. Simple, cheap, effective.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)